Limit experiment and randomly choose trials

Author
Tamara
Associate Member (100 reputation)Associate Member (100 reputation)Associate Member (100 reputation)Associate Member (100 reputation)Associate Member (100 reputation)Associate Member (100 reputation)Associate Member (100 reputation)Associate Member (100 reputation)Associate Member (100 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear Inquisit-Team,
We need a little help with our experiment. In our experiment, there are trials with only one sentence and trials with one sentence and an interruption (i.e. another text stimulus). During the trial, they must decide if the sentence is right or wrong.

Alltogether we have 100 sentences and 25 interruption. Inquisit choose randomly when and for which sentence it will show additionaly the interruption. At the end, participant will see for sure 5 sentences without interruption and then 95 sentences of which 25 have randomly an interruption

So far, that’s what we have. Now we want to limit the time of the experiment. So that every participant will have 3 minutes to solve the task but no matter how many sentences they will solve, during the 3 minutes they will definitily see 25 freely choosen task with an interruption (i.e. trial.stoerung). Is that possible?

Thank you very much in advance. If you have any questions, just let me know.

If it helps, here are the mainparts of the experiment:
<block testdecision>
/ preinstructions = (Test)
/ trials = [1 = Countdown; 2 - 6 = trial.beginn; 7-101 = list.auswahl]
</block>

<trial beginn>
/ ontrialbegin = [values.itemnummer=counter.testitems.selectedvalue]
/ stimulustimes = [0=blankscreen; 500=fixation; 700=blankscreen, stimulus, d_label, k_label]
/ validresponse = (32, 37)
/ responsetime = 700
/ iscorrectresponse = [trial.test.response==expressions.korrektetaste]
</trial>

<trial test>
/ stimulustimes = [0=blankscreen; 500=fixation; 700=blankscreen, stimulus, d_label, k_label]
/ responsetime = 700
</trial>

<trial stoerung>
/ ontrialend = [values.textnachricht = counter.nachrichten.selectedvalue; values.marker_icon = picture.icon.currentitemnumber]
/ stimulustimes = [0=blankscreen, vsize, hsize, vposition, hposition; 500=fixation; 700=blankscreen, stimulus, d_label, k_label; 750=rahmen, Nachrichten, extrapic, textfeld, icon]
/ responsetime = 700
</trial>

<list auswahl>
/ items = [trial.test; trial.stoerung]
/ itemprobabilities = [0.7368; 0.2632]
/ poolsize = 95
/ selectionmode = random
</list>

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Tamara - 5/5/2020
Dear Inquisit-Team,
We need a little help with our experiment. In our experiment, there are trials with only one sentence and trials with one sentence and an interruption (i.e. another text stimulus). During the trial, they must decide if the sentence is right or wrong.

Alltogether we have 100 sentences and 25 interruption. Inquisit choose randomly when and for which sentence it will show additionaly the interruption. At the end, participant will see for sure 5 sentences without interruption and then 95 sentences of which 25 have randomly an interruption

So far, that’s what we have. Now we want to limit the time of the experiment. So that every participant will have 3 minutes to solve the task but no matter how many sentences they will solve, during the 3 minutes they will definitily see 25 freely choosen task with an interruption (i.e. trial.stoerung). Is that possible?

Thank you very much in advance. If you have any questions, just let me know.

If it helps, here are the mainparts of the experiment:
<block testdecision>
</block>

<trial beginn>
/ responsetime = 700
</trial>

<trial test>
/ responsetime = 700
</trial>

<trial stoerung>
/ ontrialend = [values.textnachricht = counter.nachrichten.selectedvalue; values.marker_icon = picture.icon.currentitemnumber]
/ stimulustimes = [0=blankscreen, vsize, hsize, vposition, hposition; 500=fixation; 700=blankscreen, stimulus, d_label, k_label; 750=rahmen, Nachrichten, extrapic, textfeld, icon]
/ responsetime = 700
</trial>

<list auswahl>
/ items = [trial.test; trial.stoerung]
/ itemprobabilities = [0.7368; 0.2632]
/ poolsize = 95
/ selectionmode = random
</list>

If you want to limit the time, specify a /timeout of 3 minutes (i.e. 180000 ms) in the <block>. I don't understand the second part of the question.

<block testdecision>
/ timeout = 180000
</block>

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore