refer to response in other project

Author
w.cao@uu.nl
Associate Member (217 reputation)Associate Member (217 reputation)Associate Member (217 reputation)Associate Member (217 reputation)Associate Member (217 reputation)Associate Member (217 reputation)Associate Member (217 reputation)Associate Member (217 reputation)Associate Member (217 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Is there any possibility that I can refer to the response in other project in this prokect. For example in Project 1, I asked participants to answer a happy experience in sentences. In a later point time - project 2 how can I reshow the specfic happy experence to participants? Considering different participants would write down different experience.

Best wishes,
Wenrui
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
w.cao@uu.nl - 5/26/2020
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Is there any possibility that I can refer to the response in other project in this prokect. For example in Project 1, I asked participants to answer a happy experience in sentences. In a later point time - project 2 how can I reshow the specfic happy experence to participants? Considering different participants would write down different experience.

Best wishes,
Wenrui

Please define what you mean by different "projects".
w.cao@uu.nl
w.cao@uu.nl
Associate Member (217 reputation)Associate Member (217 reputation)Associate Member (217 reputation)Associate Member (217 reputation)Associate Member (217 reputation)Associate Member (217 reputation)Associate Member (217 reputation)Associate Member (217 reputation)Associate Member (217 reputation)
Dave - 5/26/2020
w.cao@uu.nl - 5/26/2020
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Best wishes,
Wenrui

Different Launch Page or in different Scripts.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
w.cao@uu.nl - 5/26/2020
Dave - 5/26/2020
w.cao@uu.nl - 5/26/2020
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Best wishes,
Wenrui

Different scripts run one after another in a <batch> or entirely separate? Please take the time to actually explain what you want to do, otherwise I cannot help you.
w.cao@uu.nl
w.cao@uu.nl
Dave - 5/26/2020
w.cao@uu.nl - 5/26/2020
Dave - 5/26/2020
w.cao@uu.nl - 5/26/2020
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Best wishes,
Wenrui

Different scripts run one after another in a <batch> or entirely separate? Please take the time to actually explain what you want to do, otherwise I cannot help you.

Thanks for replying.
I want to refer to answers in entirely separate scripts. I collect 1 script data and participants answer the question A. Several days later, I sent the Script 2 questionnaires to the same bunch participants and then participants will see their answer in Script 1 and then go on with other questionnaires. How can I do this ?
I hope I describe it well.
Dave
Dave
w.cao@uu.nl - 5/26/2020
Dave - 5/26/2020
w.cao@uu.nl - 5/26/2020
Dave - 5/26/2020
w.cao@uu.nl - 5/26/2020
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Best wishes,
Wenrui

Thanks for replying.
I want to refer to answers in entirely separate scripts. I collect 1 script data and participants answer the question A. Several days later, I sent the Script 2 questionnaires to the same bunch participants and then participants will see their answer in Script 1 and then go on with other questionnaires. How can I do this ?

Okay, that's clear enough. Once you've collected all the data for script 1, you need to prepare a separate file for each participant containing their individual answer to question A. You can then pull that in to script 2 using conditional <include> elements:

https://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic19045.aspx
Edited 4 Years Ago by Dave
w.cao@uu.nl
w.cao@uu.nl
Dave - 5/26/2020
w.cao@uu.nl - 5/26/2020
Dave - 5/26/2020
w.cao@uu.nl - 5/26/2020
Dave - 5/26/2020
w.cao@uu.nl - 5/26/2020
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Best wishes,
Wenrui

Thanks for replying.

Okay, that's clear enough. Once you've collected all the data for script 1, you need to prepare a separate file for each participant containing their individual answer to question A. You can then pull that in to script 1 using conditional <include> elements:

https://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic19045.aspx

Oh, Yes, thanks!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search