Moving to next trial

Author
deh
Associate Member (122 reputation)Associate Member (122 reputation)Associate Member (122 reputation)Associate Member (122 reputation)Associate Member (122 reputation)Associate Member (122 reputation)Associate Member (122 reputation)Associate Member (122 reputation)Associate Member (122 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, 

I am programming a modified IAT test and I was wondering how I can make the trials to be moved on to the next one even the response is incorrect.
Currently, I am using the "responsemode = correct" in the block, and it seems like each trial wouldn't end until the respondent submits the correct response. 

Thank you in advance!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
deh - 5/29/2020
Hi, 

I am programming a modified IAT test and I was wondering how I can make the trials to be moved on to the next one even the response is incorrect.
Currently, I am using the "responsemode = correct" in the block, and it seems like each trial wouldn't end until the respondent submits the correct response. 

Thank you in advance!

> Currently, I am using the "responsemode = correct" in the block, and it seems like each trial wouldn't end until the respondent submits the correct response.

Yes, that's the intended behavior. If you don't want this, remove the /responsemode attributes from the <block> elements. Note, though, that this will invalidate the D-scores the script calculates. Those scores assume a built-in error penalty, which comes from the fact that people have to correct an intially wrong response to move on.

You'll have to calculate some other D-score variant from the raw data you collect ( see Greenwald et al. 2003 for details; https://faculty.washington.edu/agg/pdf/GB&N.JPSP.2003.pdf ).

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search