Making changes to WebScript

Author
efowler
New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there,

If I need to make changes to a web script once it has been registered, am I able to do this? I've tried replacing scripts using the edit version, but the changes don't seem to have come across.
Do I need to unregister and start again? Thanks, emily

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
efowler - 6/1/2020
Hi there,

If I need to make changes to a web script once it has been registered, am I able to do this? I've tried replacing scripts using the edit version, but the changes don't seem to have come across.
Do I need to unregister and start again? Thanks, emily

Yes, you can make changes. If you replace an existing web script with a modified version that has the same name, it will take some time until the changes propagate across the network and all caches update and begin to serve the new version. A quicker solution is to upload the edited script under a new name and then select it as the new start script in your web experiment's settings. Unregistering and starting over is not necessry.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search