Reclaim Inquisit registration

Author
wuaham
Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

We often register (or activate) Inquisit on a computer which are not connected to the network. How can we deactivate Inquisit once the user no longer requires Inquisit to use in their computers?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
wuaham - 6/1/2020
Hi,

We often register (or activate) Inquisit on a computer which are not connected to the network. How can we deactivate Inquisit once the user no longer requires Inquisit to use in their computers?

Thank you in advance

There's no explicit way to deactivate it -- please simply uninstall Inquisit from the machines it is no longer needed on.

Please note that no explicit deactivation is required to re-use the respective license. To transfer a license, log in to your account, visit the "Transfer Inquisit" page and follow the instructions on that page.
wuaham
wuaham
Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)
Dave - 6/1/2020
wuaham - 6/1/2020
Hi,

Thank you in advance

There's no explicit way to deactivate it -- please simply uninstall Inquisit from the machines it is no longer needed on.

Please note that no explicit deactivation is required to re-use the respective license. To transfer a license, log in to your account, visit the "Transfer Inquisit" page and follow the instructions on that page.

Excellent - thank you.

There are two questions now:
1. In "Transfer Inquisit" under "Product Version" I can only select Inquisit 1 Desktop, Inquisit 2 Desktop, or Inquisit 5 Tobii Plugin but if I wish to transfer Inquisit -5 Lab how I am going to do that?

2. If there are several machines (say 20 PCs) are registered and I wish to transfer only couple of them (say 10), which PC's registration will be transferred and which one will remain how would I know?

Thank you in advance for your excellent support.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
wuaham - 6/2/2020
Dave - 6/1/2020
wuaham - 6/1/2020
Hi,

Thank you in advance

Excellent - thank you.

1. In "Transfer Inquisit" under "Product Version" I can only select Inquisit 1 Desktop, Inquisit 2 Desktop, or Inquisit 5 Tobii Plugin but if I wish to transfer Inquisit -5 Lab how I am going to do that?

2. If there are several machines (say 20 PCs) are registered and I wish to transfer only couple of them (say 10), which PC's registration will be transferred and which one will remain how would I know?

Re. 1) You have a departmental license for Inquisit 5, which means you get unlimited installations & registrations. Transfers aren't necessary and don't make sense under those circumstances. Transfers only make sense for Inquisit versions where you own a limited amount of individual licenses (e.g. 5 Inquisit 3 Desktop licenses).

Re. 2) This, too, does not matter. Transferring 10 licenses would not randomly deactivate 10 of the 20 installations. They all remain functional. Simply uninstall Inquisit from the 10 machines where it's no longer needed. Note here, too, that with a departmental license (unlimited installations & registrations) this point is essentially moot.

Hope this helps.

wuaham
wuaham
Dave - 6/2/2020
wuaham - 6/2/2020
Dave - 6/1/2020
wuaham - 6/1/2020
Hi,

Thank you in advance

Excellent - thank you.

Re. 1) You have a departmental license for Inquisit 5, which means you get unlimited installations & registrations. Transfers aren't necessary and don't make sense under those circumstances. Transfers only make sense for Inquisit versions where you own a limited amount of individual licenses (e.g. 5 Inquisit 3 Desktop licenses).

Re. 2) This, too, does not matter. Transferring 10 licenses would not randomly deactivate 10 of the 20 installations. They all remain functional. Simply uninstall Inquisit from the 10 machines where it's no longer needed. Note here, too, that with a departmental license (unlimited installations & registrations) this point is essentially moot.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Dave -  I highly appreciate your clarity and excellent supports!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search