Link in html launch page does not work

Author
Pflanzi
New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello!

I have a problem with a link that is included in the HTML launch page of our study. The link is a google drive link to the informed consent document (we want participants to be able to download the form before they start the experiment). If I display the HTML page when running the experiment and click on the link, I get the message that drive.google.com refused to connect. If I access the HTML page itself (apart from the experiment), then the link works just fine. 

Note that the HTML page is not connected to the script at all. When we uploaded our script, we specified the HTML page under "Use default launch page (recommended)" --> "Select the consent form...". The page displays our custom informed consent text together with a link to the google drive document at the end.

Any idea where I might have made a mistake or where the issue could come from?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Best wishes,
Pflanzi
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Pflanzi - 6/4/2020
Hello!

I have a problem with a link that is included in the HTML launch page of our study. The link is a google drive link to the informed consent document (we want participants to be able to download the form before they start the experiment). If I display the HTML page when running the experiment and click on the link, I get the message that drive.google.com refused to connect. If I access the HTML page itself (apart from the experiment), then the link works just fine. 

Note that the HTML page is not connected to the script at all. When we uploaded our script, we specified the HTML page under "Use default launch page (recommended)" --> "Select the consent form...". The page displays our custom informed consent text together with a link to the google drive document at the end.

Any idea where I might have made a mistake or where the issue could come from?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Best wishes,
Pflanzi

Please provide the link to the launch page and I'll be happy to take a look. Offhand, though, this sounds like a problem with your Google drive sharing settings rather than with anything related to Inquisit.
Pflanzi
Pflanzi
New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)
Thank you for your response!
I attached the html file (as .txt).
Attachments
start.html.txt (261 views, 7.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Pflanzi - 6/5/2020
Thank you for your response!
I attached the html file (as .txt).

To trigger a direct download from Google Drive, your link ought to look like this:

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=DRIVE_FILE_ID

See the fixed version of your HTML page attached below.
Attachments
start_fixed.html.txt (287 views, 7.00 KB)
Pflanzi
Pflanzi
Thanks a lot for your help, Dave! 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search