Erasing Stimulus at the END of a sequence of trials

Author
Connorrr
Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I have a series of trials and likerts that branch from one to the next.  I want to keep an image on in the background of all of these trials and then be removed at the end.  Originally I just reset the stimulus for each trial / likert but this meant that there was a blank frame in between each branch so instead I have the pictures erase value set to false.  This works just fine but I am not sure how to erase it at the end of this sequence.  Since I am running this sequence many times in a block will this just mean that new images layer over each other and take up more and more ram as the sequence goes on?

Thanks in advance for your help :)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Connorrr - 7/1/2020
Hi,

I have a series of trials and likerts that branch from one to the next.  I want to keep an image on in the background of all of these trials and then be removed at the end.  Originally I just reset the stimulus for each trial / likert but this meant that there was a blank frame in between each branch so instead I have the pictures erase value set to false.  This works just fine but I am not sure how to erase it at the end of this sequence.  Since I am running this sequence many times in a block will this just mean that new images layer over each other and take up more and more ram as the sequence goes on?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

You could end each sequence with a trial that does nothing but erases the screen.

<trial erasescreen>
/ stimulusframes = [1=clearscreen]
/ validresponse = 0
/ trialduration = 40
/ recorddata = false
</trial>

or you could clear the screen in whatever the first trial in the sequence is (thus erasing anything left from the previous sequence).

<trial first>
/ stimulusframes = [1=clearscreen, mypicture]
</trial>

> Since I am running this sequence many times in a block will this just mean that new images layer over each other and take up more and more ram as the sequence goes on?

No.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search