Voice recording in Inquisit 6

Author
rab
New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all, 
I am wanting to record up to 15 minutes of participant's speaking. I have tried to use inputdevice=voicekey and that ran fine, but did not actually record any sound. I tried =voicerecord and got an error message saying that was an invalid setting. 
What is your advice? 
Thank you. 
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
rab - 7/14/2020
Hi all, 
I am wanting to record up to 15 minutes of participant's speaking. I have tried to use inputdevice=voicekey and that ran fine, but did not actually record any sound. I tried =voicerecord and got an error message saying that was an invalid setting. 
What is your advice? 
Thank you. 

You'll want to do something like this:

<block example>
/ trials = [1=record]
</block>

<trial record>
/ soundcapture = true
/ stimulusframes = [1=mytext]
/ validresponse = (57)
/ timeout = 900000
</trial>

<text mytext>
/ items = ("This trial will record up to 15 minutes of sound. Speak into your microphone. When you're done, press the SPACEBAR.")
/ size = (80%, 40%)
</text>

Note that recordings of this length are not suitable for web use (the maximum there is ~5 minutes; https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v6/html/language/attributes/soundcapture.htm ).

rab
rab
New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you, Dave! It worked perfectly. :) 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search