Will Inquisit keep audio recording responses on their server?

Author
AbigailNovick
Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

My experiment will record short clips of subjects speaking on each trial. I would love to use the Inquisit servers to collect my data instead of having to set up my own server.

Does Inquisit save audio data on its servers?

I ran a beta version of my experiment on myself and was able to find the raw and summary data, but not the audio recordings. Do I need to do something special to set this up?

If it is relevant, I am using soundcapture to record the data. When I test the code on my computer, the audio recordings get automatically saved in a "soundcaptures" file on my desktop.

Thank you,
Abby
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
AbigailNovick - 7/14/2020
Hello,

My experiment will record short clips of subjects speaking on each trial. I would love to use the Inquisit servers to collect my data instead of having to set up my own server.

Does Inquisit save audio data on its servers?

I ran a beta version of my experiment on myself and was able to find the raw and summary data, but not the audio recordings. Do I need to do something special to set this up?

If it is relevant, I am using soundcapture to record the data. When I test the code on my computer, the audio recordings get automatically saved in a "soundcaptures" file on my desktop.

Thank you,
Abby

Inquisit 6 Web can capture audio files and those files will be saved to the server along with your other data files. Inquisit 5 Web and below cannot capture audio files over the web, regardless of whether you use the millisecond.com server or set up your own.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search