Extend a trial after making keyboard response

Author
Libra
Respected Member (438 reputation)Respected Member (438 reputation)Respected Member (438 reputation)Respected Member (438 reputation)Respected Member (438 reputation)Respected Member (438 reputation)Respected Member (438 reputation)Respected Member (438 reputation)Respected Member (438 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello Dave,

Currently, I have trials in my study that are set up like this.

<trial self_posUP>
/ validresponse = ("A", "L")
/ correctresponse = ("L")
/ stimulustimes = [0 = noreplace (SELF); 200 = blanks; 300 = replace (goodtarget)]
/ soundcapture = true
/ posttrialpause = 1000
</trial>

In the task, participants need to first press a key to categorize the target which shows up at 300ms. They also have a second task which is to provide a voice response AFTER pressing the key.

But, because the trial would end once the participant presses the key, their voice response could be cut off or even not be recorded. We were wondering how we would be able to add a blank-screen of 1000ms after participants press the key, which is counted still as within the given trial, so that participants’ voice responses could also be completely recorded. The post-trial pause of 1000ms can then be deleted.

Thank you for your help and time!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Libra - 7/16/2020
Hello Dave,

Currently, I have trials in my study that are set up like this.

<trial self_posUP>
/ validresponse = ("A", "L")
/ correctresponse = ("L")
/ stimulustimes = [0 = noreplace (SELF); 200 = blanks; 300 = replace (goodtarget)]
/ soundcapture = true
/ posttrialpause = 1000
</trial>

In the task, participants need to first press a key to categorize the target which shows up at 300ms. They also have a second task which is to provide a voice response AFTER pressing the key.

But, because the trial would end once the participant presses the key, their voice response could be cut off or even not be recorded. We were wondering how we would be able to add a blank-screen of 1000ms after participants press the key, which is counted still as within the given trial, so that participants’ voice responses could also be completely recorded. The post-trial pause of 1000ms can then be deleted.

Thank you for your help and time!

> We were wondering how we would be able to add a blank-screen of 1000ms after participants press the key, which is counted still as within the given trial.

That's not possible. At best, you can do something like this https://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic29393.aspx , but that's not quite the thing you're asking for.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search