CloudResearch Confrimation Code

Author
deh
Associate Member (122 reputation)Associate Member (122 reputation)Associate Member (122 reputation)Associate Member (122 reputation)Associate Member (122 reputation)Associate Member (122 reputation)Associate Member (122 reputation)Associate Member (122 reputation)Associate Member (122 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I am using CloudResearch service to recruit Mturkers, and Qualtrics service through which I redirect my participants to Inquisit Web study. 
I was wondering how I should implement the CloudResearch (TurkPrime) confirmation code at the end page. I clicked on the Show TurkPrime confirmation code button as below. 

Then, on the CloudResearch setup page, I chose the third option, which automatically generates the completion code that is unique to each participant as below.

However, when I try things out using a sandbox mode, the end page just gives me an error message like below.

How could I configure these correctly? I want participants to see the confirmation code which is not just their worker IDs.
Thank you for your time!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
deh - 7/19/2020
Hi,

I am using CloudResearch service to recruit Mturkers, and Qualtrics service through which I redirect my participants to Inquisit Web study. 
I was wondering how I should implement the CloudResearch (TurkPrime) confirmation code at the end page. I clicked on the Show TurkPrime confirmation code button as below. 

Then, on the CloudResearch setup page, I chose the third option, which automatically generates the completion code that is unique to each participant as below.

However, when I try things out using a sandbox mode, the end page just gives me an error message like below.

How could I configure these correctly? I want participants to see the confirmation code which is not just their worker IDs.
Thank you for your time!

There isn't anything to configure on the Inquisit-side other than selecting the "Show TurkPrime confirmation code" option. TurkPrime will forward several URL parameters to the Inquisit start page (I don't think it does that in sandbox mode), those being the worker ID, the HIT ID and an individual assignment ID. The confirmation code is calculated based on the values of those three parameters. The flow Inquisit implements is the exact same one explained here:

https://www.cloudresearch.com/resources/blog/qualtrics-and-other-platforms-mechanical-turk-integration-with-cloudresearch/

If the three parameters are present, you will see the confirmation code. If they're missing, you'll see the error message

deh
deh
Associate Member (122 reputation)Associate Member (122 reputation)Associate Member (122 reputation)Associate Member (122 reputation)Associate Member (122 reputation)Associate Member (122 reputation)Associate Member (122 reputation)Associate Member (122 reputation)Associate Member (122 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 7/20/2020
deh - 7/19/2020
Hi,

Thank you for your time!

There isn't anything to configure on the Inquisit-side other than selecting the "Show TurkPrime confirmation code" option. TurkPrime will forward several URL parameters to the Inquisit start page (I don't think it does that in sandbox mode), those being the worker ID, the HIT ID and an individual assignment ID. The confirmation code is calculated based on the values of those three parameters. The flow Inquisit implements is the exact same one explained here:

https://www.cloudresearch.com/resources/blog/qualtrics-and-other-platforms-mechanical-turk-integration-with-cloudresearch/

If the three parameters are present, you will see the confirmation code. If they're missing, you'll see the error message

Hi Dave,
Thank you for answering my question. I think the same issue occurs when I am actually running the study (not in sandbox mode). Does it have to do with the fact that I am starting the survey from Qualtrics and ending it with Inquisit? I have set in Qualtrics the three embedded data (hitId, assignmentId, workerId) but couldn't do the end of survey customized option because I am redirecting participants at the end of Qualtrics to Inquisit link. Do you have any suggestions on how I could run the Qualtircs and then Inquisit study while showing the confirmation code?

Thank you,
Da Eun

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
deh - 7/21/2020
Dave - 7/20/2020
deh - 7/19/2020
Hi,

Thank you for your time!

Hi Dave,
Thank you for answering my question. I think the same issue occurs when I am actually running the study (not in sandbox mode). Does it have to do with the fact that I am starting the survey from Qualtrics and ending it with Inquisit? I have set in Qualtrics the three embedded data (hitId, assignmentId, workerId) but couldn't do the end of survey customized option because I am redirecting participants at the end of Qualtrics to Inquisit link. Do you have any suggestions on how I could run the Qualtircs and then Inquisit study while showing the confirmation code?

Thank you,
Da Eun

You need to make sure that Qualtrics forwards the parameters on to Inquisit. That's a matter of settings on the Qualtrics-side, not Inquisit.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search