Change AAT script Wiers 2009 4 practice items

Author
poleraze
Associate Member (248 reputation)Associate Member (248 reputation)Associate Member (248 reputation)Associate Member (248 reputation)Associate Member (248 reputation)Associate Member (248 reputation)Associate Member (248 reputation)Associate Member (248 reputation)Associate Member (248 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello everyone,

Im using the uploaded AAT script from Wiers et al. 2009 .
In our testing we have to groups healthy and unhealthy food. Every eatable object has an uneatable match that looks similar.
People will be instructed to pull eatable items and push not eatable items and we will look at the difference in RT for healthy and unheqlthy snacks.
The problem now is that i need 4 practice items but i dont understand the value picking. I thought i could write that the value should be greater than 2 and for the other group smaller than 2
so i changed
=> / ontrialbegin = [values.selectpracticepicture = 1 ]
to
/ ontrialbegin = [values.selectpracticepicture <= 2 ]
and
/ ontrialbegin = [values.selectpracticepicture >= 2 ]
but that doesnt work.
Why? (Question1)

My next idea was to creat a list and copy the aat (target) selection. But then i have to change the whole script...
Question 2 = How do i tell a list from which itempool it has to select its items? I have two, target and practice.

Question 3 Does anyone have a solution that will help me ?

Thank you all

Attachments
pull-essbar.zip (213 views, 10.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
poleraze - 7/29/2020
Hello everyone,

In our testing we have to groups healthy and unhealthy food. Every eatable object has an uneatable match that looks similar.
People will be instructed to pull eatable items and push not eatable items and we will look at the difference in RT for healthy and unheqlthy snacks.
The problem now is that i need 4 practice items but i dont understand the value picking. I thought i could write that the value should be greater than 2 and for the other group smaller than 2
so i changed
to
and
but that doesnt work.
Why? (Question1)

My next idea was to creat a list and copy the aat (target) selection. But then i have to change the whole script...
Question 2 = How do i tell a list from which itempool it has to select its items? I have two, target and practice.

Thank you all

values.selectpracticepicture determines which practice item number is displayed. It makes no sense to try to set it to >= 2. That's not an item number.

NOTE:
picture.practicetarget selects the target via
values.selectpracticepicture (this value is set in the
practice trials, see below)

<picture practicetarget>
/ items = practicestimuli
/ select = values.selectpracticepicture
/ position = (50%, 50%)
/ size = (100%, 100%)
/ erase = false
</picture>

<item practicestimuli>
/1 = "healthy_aprikosen_p1.png"
/2 = "unhealthy_lindt_p2.png"
/3 = "match_healthy_lavera_p1.jpg"
/4 = "match_unhealthy_oldspice_p2.jpg"
</item>

Edited 4 Years Ago by Dave
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Dave - 7/29/2020
poleraze - 7/29/2020
Hello everyone,

so i changed
to
and
but that doesnt work.
Why? (Question1)

Thank you all

values.selectpracticepicture determines which practice item number is displayed. It makes no sense to try to set it to >= 2. That's not an item number.

NOTE:
picture.practicetarget selects the target via
values.selectpracticepicture (this value is set in the
practice trials, see below)

<picture practicetarget>
/ items = practicestimuli
/ select = values.selectpracticepicture
/ position = (50%, 50%)
/ size = (100%, 100%)
/ erase = false
</picture>

<item practicestimuli>
/1 = "healthy_aprikosen_p1.png"
/2 = "unhealthy_lindt_p2.png"
/3 = "match_healthy_lavera_p1.jpg"
/4 = "match_unhealthy_oldspice_p2.jpg"
</item>

If I'm understanding your script correctly (I might not), then items 1 and 2 are the "essbar" items and should be presented by practicetrial_Essbar, while items 3 and 4 are the "nicht essbar" items and should be presented by trial practicetrial_Nicht_Essbar.

If so, you need two lists

<list practice_essbaritems>
/ items = (1,2)
</list>

<list practice_nicht_essbaritems>
/ items = (3,4)
</list>

and sample the item numbers from the appropriate list in the two trial elements:

<trial practicetrial_Essbar>
/ontrialbegin = [values.targetformat = "Essbar"]
/ ontrialbegin = [values.selectpracticepicture = list.practice_essbaritems.nextvalue;]
</trial>

<trial practicetrial_Nicht_Essbar>
/ontrialbegin = [values.targetformat = "Nicht-Essbar"]
/ontrialbegin = [values.starttime = script.elapsedtime; values.endtime = 0]
/ ontrialbegin = [values.repeat = 0]
/ ontrialbegin = [values.selectpracticepicture = list.practice_nicht_essbaritems.nextvalue;]
</trial>

poleraze
poleraze
Associate Member (248 reputation)Associate Member (248 reputation)Associate Member (248 reputation)Associate Member (248 reputation)Associate Member (248 reputation)Associate Member (248 reputation)Associate Member (248 reputation)Associate Member (248 reputation)Associate Member (248 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you it works. Can you explain to me why he slects from the practice itempool?

Dave
Dave
poleraze - 7/29/2020
Thank you it works. Can you explain to me why he slects from the practice itempool?

I don't understand the question. The practice trials display the practice picture element, and values.selectpracticepicture, the value you're setting in the practice trials, determines the item.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search