Assistance with instructions, background color, and adding shapes on top of shapes

Assistance with instructions, background color, and adding shapes on...
Author
vmatson@gmu.edu
New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Good evening.  Below is the code I have started to work with.  My issues are as follows:

1.  I have two instructions thus far, will be adding more in near future, but only one of the instructions shows up.  When I hit the enter or the space bar the second set of instructions flashes on the screen then disappears.  I have tried many different ways to correct this problem, but cannot figure it out. 
2.  I am trying to make the background of the grey rectangle to be black.  I am unsure how to fix this in the code.
3.  I have the grey rectangle, but now need to have two squares inside the rectangle (side-by-side one blue and one orange).  These squares need to be selectable by the participant, meaning they press 2 to select the square on the right and press 8 to select the square on the left.  I am unsure how to make this work. 

Any assistance is appreciated. 

Valerie
vmatson@gmu.edu
vmatson@gmu.edu
New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Good evening.  Below is the code I have started to work with.  My issues are as follows:

1.  I have two instructions thus far, will be adding more in near future, but only one of the instructions shows up.  When I hit the enter or the space bar the second set of instructions flashes on the screen then disappears.  I have tried many different ways to correct this problem, but cannot figure it out. 
2.  I am trying to make the background of the grey rectangle to be black.  I am unsure how to fix this in the code.
3.  I have the grey rectangle, but now need to have two squares inside the rectangle (side-by-side one blue and one orange).  These squares need to be selectable by the participant, meaning they press 2 to select the square on the right and press 8 to select the square on the left.  I am unsure how to make this work. 

Valerie

Here is the code:

<item intro_1>

/1 = "Thank you for participatin in our study. This is a gambling task and has two sections. The first section, you will
complete a gambling task. The second section, you will observe a human or a robot complete the task."

</item>

<item learningphase_participant>

/1 = "Learning Phase.

In this portion of the experiment you will complete the gambling task to ensure you understand the rules. This will help you
navagate and understand the rules while you watch the confederates play in the next section.

During this task, you will be presented with two squares, blue and orange. Since this is a gambling task, you will choose
either square. After selection, you will be presented with a WIN or a LOSE. You will then be directed to either GIVE or KEEP
your win or loss. After you are given direction, you will choose whether to GIVE or KEEP.

Press the spacebar to begin."

</item>

**********************************************TEXT****************************************************************

**************************************************************************************************************

<text intro_1>

/ items = intro_1

/ select = 1

/ position = (50%, 50%)

/ size = (80%, 80%)

/ vjustify = center

/ hjustify = left

/ fontstyle = ("Arial", 4%, true, false, false, false, 5, 1)

</text>

<text learningphase_participant>

/ items = learningphase_participant

/ select = 1

/ position = (50%, 50%)

/ size = (80%, 80%)

/ vjustify = center

/ hjustify = center

</text>

<shape rectangle>
/ shape = rectangle
/ size = (1000, 700)
/ color = (grey)
/ position = (50%, 50%)
</shape>

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

Valerie

Here is the code:

<item intro_1>

/1 = "Thank you for participatin in our study. This is a gambling task and has two sections. The first section, you will
complete a gambling task. The second section, you will observe a human or a robot complete the task."

</item>

<item learningphase_participant>

/1 = "Learning Phase.

In this portion of the experiment you will complete the gambling task to ensure you understand the rules. This will help you
navagate and understand the rules while you watch the confederates play in the next section.

During this task, you will be presented with two squares, blue and orange. Since this is a gambling task, you will choose
either square. After selection, you will be presented with a WIN or a LOSE. You will then be directed to either GIVE or KEEP
your win or loss. After you are given direction, you will choose whether to GIVE or KEEP.

Press the spacebar to begin."

</item>

**********************************************TEXT****************************************************************

**************************************************************************************************************

<text intro_1>

/ items = intro_1

/ select = 1

/ position = (50%, 50%)

/ size = (80%, 80%)

/ vjustify = center

/ hjustify = left

</text>

<text learningphase_participant>

/ items = learningphase_participant

/ select = 1

/ position = (50%, 50%)

/ size = (80%, 80%)

/ vjustify = center

/ hjustify = center

</text>

<shape rectangle>
/ shape = rectangle
/ size = (1000, 700)
/ color = (grey)
/ position = (50%, 50%)
</shape>

Your code contains nothing that would actually display these things. All you have is a <text> stimulus and a <shape> stimulus. At a minimum you need to add <trial> elements to display these things, take responses, and a block to run those trials. You will find basics like this covered in the tutorials contained in the Inquisit documentation:

https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/tutorials/tutorials.htm

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search