Setting image size

Author
Karolina K.
New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I need to display images at the same size for all participants regardless of the px/mm of their monitors. So far, we used the calibration procedure where you adjust the line on the screen to match the A4 sheet of paper, so that Inquisit can read the specs of the user's monitor. The only problem with that is that we get a lot of rejects, meaning that participants use screens that are too small to display the image at a full size...lets say 20 cm image displayed on an iphone. I have no way of ensuring that they will use a device big enough to display the image of that size other than a recommendation, which now I now is not very well respected. So, I have two questions: is there a procedure other than calibration to ensure equal size of images and can I check whether the participants screen is big enough to display an image at a given size and display a message to the participant if their screen is to small? 

We will be very grateful for help!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Karolina K. - 9/21/2020
Hello,

I need to display images at the same size for all participants regardless of the px/mm of their monitors. So far, we used the calibration procedure where you adjust the line on the screen to match the A4 sheet of paper, so that Inquisit can read the specs of the user's monitor. The only problem with that is that we get a lot of rejects, meaning that participants use screens that are too small to display the image at a full size...lets say 20 cm image displayed on an iphone. I have no way of ensuring that they will use a device big enough to display the image of that size other than a recommendation, which now I now is not very well respected. So, I have two questions: is there a procedure other than calibration to ensure equal size of images and can I check whether the participants screen is big enough to display an image at a given size and display a message to the participant if their screen is to small? 

We will be very grateful for help!

Both things are possible under Inquisit 6, see e.g. https://www.millisecond.com/download/library/spatialdelayedresponsetask/  for an example that does both.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search