Does Inquisit license care about the computer's user or host names? How long does it take to...

Does Inquisit license care about the computer's user or host names?...
Author
Will
New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all! A few questions

1) Will changing the computer's host name or network status invalidate the license or otherwise trip up Inquisit?
2) Are there any concerns or gotcha's using Inquisit 5 on Win10 instead of Win7?
3) If we update the OS/reimage the computer, is a licenses transfer near instantaneous?

Some background:
We have Inquisit 5 Lab running on a Windows 7 PC. I.T. wants everyone on Windows 10. We have two choices: (1) remove the computer from the network or (2) reinstall the OS and software. To leave the network, we'd likely remove the computer from the network domain, potentially changing the user and host names.

Thanks!!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Will - 10/20/2020
Hi all! A few questions

1) Will changing the computer's host name or network status invalidate the license or otherwise trip up Inquisit?
2) Are there any concerns or gotcha's using Inquisit 5 on Win10 instead of Win7?
3) If we update the OS/reimage the computer, is a licenses transfer near instantaneous?

Some background:
We have Inquisit 5 Lab running on a Windows 7 PC. I.T. wants everyone on Windows 10. We have two choices: (1) remove the computer from the network or (2) reinstall the OS and software. To leave the network, we'd likely remove the computer from the network domain, potentially changing the user and host names.

Thanks!!

> 1) Will changing the computer's host name or network status invalidate the license or otherwise trip up Inquisit?
No.
> 2) Are there any concerns or gotcha's using Inquisit 5 on Win10 instead of Win7?
To my knowledge and according to my experience: No. This, however, can theoretically change with future Windows 10 releases.
> 3) If we update the OS/reimage the computer, is a licenses transfer near instantaneous?
Yes. The re-installation after the reimaging will have a new / different computer key, i.e. the old registration key won't work. To transfer the license, log in to your millisecond.com account, visit the "Transfer Inquisit" page, and submit a license transfer request for one (1) license. This will automatically credit your account with an additional available key, and you may then register the new (re-)installation as usual.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search