Inquisit 5 script convert Inquisit 4 on the Short Term Memory Bind Test

Author
ezgi
Associate Member (107 reputation)Associate Member (107 reputation)Associate Member (107 reputation)Associate Member (107 reputation)Associate Member (107 reputation)Associate Member (107 reputation)Associate Member (107 reputation)Associate Member (107 reputation)Associate Member (107 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Hello Dave,

I really appreciate your help. I can't thank you enough. Actually we are using Inquisit 5, but since I will do EEG research in my doctoral thesis, I need to run this experiment properly if it is possible. We have purchased Inquisit 5 but because of the parallel port issue we cannot change the computer which is compatible with Inquisit 4. That is why I am desperately trying to write MID task on Inquisit 4 to use with EEG. That is why I am struggling. Thanks to you, a friend of mine had adapted the MID task to the Inquisit 4 and EEG in previous years. That's why I bother you over and over again. I thought I could modify the script with your help. But do you think we can't do this because of the task?  What would you suggest? I am very sorry for taking your time, but since my thesis is in question, I have to determine a path.

Thank you very much, I wish you healthy days.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
ezgi - 12/24/2020
Hello Dave,

I really appreciate your help. I can't thank you enough. Actually we are using Inquisit 5, but since I will do EEG research in my doctoral thesis, I need to run this experiment properly if it is possible. We have purchased Inquisit 5 but because of the parallel port issue we cannot change the computer which is compatible with Inquisit 4. That is why I am desperately trying to write MID task on Inquisit 4 to use with EEG. That is why I am struggling. Thanks to you, a friend of mine had adapted the MID task to the Inquisit 4 and EEG in previous years. That's why I bother you over and over again. I thought I could modify the script with your help. But do you think we can't do this because of the task?  What would you suggest? I am very sorry for taking your time, but since my thesis is in question, I have to determine a path.

Thank you very much, I wish you healthy days.

(1) I don't understand what prevents you from using Inquisit 5 or which parallel port issue you are referring to.
(2) It's not clear to me which other questions, if any, you're asking. I've provided you with a version in my previous reply that fixes the issues you pointed out. I do not know whether there are any other issues you did not mention -- you're in a better position to figure that out than I am.

ezgi
ezgi
Associate Member (107 reputation)Associate Member (107 reputation)Associate Member (107 reputation)Associate Member (107 reputation)Associate Member (107 reputation)Associate Member (107 reputation)Associate Member (107 reputation)Associate Member (107 reputation)Associate Member (107 reputation)
Thank you very much for your reply Dave. The computer that we are using for EEG recording is not actually new. Because of the software it only runs Inquisit 4. That is why I am trying to modify the task. And the last problem that I asked for your help in the previous message, was about the stimulus set. I did what you suggested but this time although the experiment started shapes did not show up on the screen and the experiment stopped. According to the last script that I sent you, shapes show up but they do not change trial to trial. The colors, shapes and bindings should change however when I launch the experiment, I only see the same shapes. I could not find out how to fix this problem. I think after solving this problem, it will run properly. Sorry to bother you that much. I appreciate your help.

Merry Christmas!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
ezgi - 12/24/2020
Thank you very much for your reply Dave. The computer that we are using for EEG recording is not actually new. Because of the software it only runs Inquisit 4. That is why I am trying to modify the task. And the last problem that I asked for your help in the previous message, was about the stimulus set. I did what you suggested but this time although the experiment started shapes did not show up on the screen and the experiment stopped. According to the last script that I sent you, shapes show up but they do not change trial to trial. The colors, shapes and bindings should change however when I launch the experiment, I only see the same shapes. I could not find out how to fix this problem. I think after solving this problem, it will run properly. Sorry to bother you that much. I appreciate your help.

Merry Christmas!

There is full, fixed script code in my previous reply, here: https://www.millisecond.com/forums/FindPost30416.aspx

That code works under Inquisit 4, I've tried. The shapes show up. They change from trial to trial.

ezgi
ezgi
Thank you very much Dave:) It is working now. Wish you a healthy happy new year!!

Best regards,
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search