Missing Inquisit data

Author
PNL
Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello!

I am curious if anybody has any information on navigating participant's Inquisit response time data when he/she completes the Inquisit task but does not do it right after a survey (Qualtrics) portion. In other words, one completes the entire Qualtrics and Inquisit task but at the same time, the intended confirmation code at the end does not match (nor can it be located) on the Inquisit server that displays raw/summary/data logs online. I found it rather strange but I am curious if this is a common happening on Inquisit once participants try to go back and forth from Qualtrics and Inquisit tabs.

Many thanks in advance!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
PNL - 11/23/2020
Hello!

I am curious if anybody has any information on navigating participant's Inquisit response time data when he/she completes the Inquisit task but does not do it right after a survey (Qualtrics) portion. In other words, one completes the entire Qualtrics and Inquisit task but at the same time, the intended confirmation code at the end does not match (nor can it be located) on the Inquisit server that displays raw/summary/data logs online. I found it rather strange but I am curious if this is a common happening on Inquisit once participants try to go back and forth from Qualtrics and Inquisit tabs.

Many thanks in advance!

You'll need to provide more information about the study's exact setup for me to say anything about that. It's unclear from the description what kind of confirmation code you're looking for and how / by what it's generated.
PNL
PNL
Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)
Dave - 11/23/2020
PNL - 11/23/2020
Hello!

Many thanks in advance!

You'll need to provide more information about the study's exact setup for me to say anything about that. It's unclear from the description what kind of confirmation code you're looking for and how / by what it's generated.

Hello, thank you for looking into my inquiry.

The confirmation code is generated by Inquisit when one sets up participant IDs (generated as random selection without replacement). My experiment goes as follows: 23 question survey components, following an Inquisit experiment, and then study termination after one inputs on the last page of the survey their given confirmation code (the 23rd question text entry of the survey).
My question is when a participant takes their time to do the Qualtrics, as in maintains the survey tab open and then works to finish the Inquisit activity (on another tab) at a later time, are the data files not maintained on Inquisit? I seem to have one participant that had attempted the Inquisit and an IP location address is logged although the actual raw/summary data files for the experiment are nowhere to be found. Just wondering if this is just an Inquisit problem that researchers experience. (If anything this is probably a problem due to the survey component which could not be explained here).

Thanks again.  
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
PNL - 11/23/2020
Dave - 11/23/2020
PNL - 11/23/2020
Hello!

Many thanks in advance!

The confirmation code is generated by Inquisit when one sets up participant IDs (generated as random selection without replacement). My experiment goes as follows: 23 question survey components, following an Inquisit experiment, and then study termination after one inputs on the last page of the survey their given confirmation code (the 23rd question text entry of the survey).
My question is when a participant takes their time to do the Qualtrics, as in maintains the survey tab open and then works to finish the Inquisit activity (on another tab) at a later time, are the data files not maintained on Inquisit? I seem to have one participant that had attempted the Inquisit and an IP location address is logged although the actual raw/summary data files for the experiment are nowhere to be found. Just wondering if this is just an Inquisit problem that researchers experience. (If anything this is probably a problem due to the survey component which could not be explained here).

Thanks again.  

So, Inquisit online experiments don't run in a browser tab, and there isn't (supposed to be) an easy way to switch between an Inquisit experiment and some other activity. Inquisit data files are collected and assembled on the participant's device. Only when they've completed the Inquisit experiment will those data files be uploaded. Uploads can fail e.g. if the participant's internet connection breaks down. It's also possible that the participant, perhaps inadvertently, disabled automatic data file upload. In either case, any not yet uploaded data files would still reside on the participant's device and they can manually trigger their upload by opening the Inquisit Player app on their system, going to the "Data" tab, and clicking the "Cloud Upload" icon in the upper right hand corner.

PNL
PNL
Dave - 11/23/2020
PNL - 11/23/2020
Dave - 11/23/2020
PNL - 11/23/2020
Hello!

Many thanks in advance!

Thanks again.  

So, Inquisit online experiments don't run in a browser tab, and there isn't (supposed to be) an easy way to switch between an Inquisit experiment and some other activity. Inquisit data files are collected and assembled on the participant's device. Only when they've completed the Inquisit experiment will those data files be uploaded. Uploads can fail e.g. if the participant's internet connection breaks down. It's also possible that the participant, perhaps inadvertently, disabled automatic data file upload. In either case, any not yet uploaded data files would still reside on the participant's device and they can manually trigger their upload by opening the Inquisit Player app on their system, going to the "Data" tab, and clicking the "Cloud Upload" icon in the upper right hand corner.

Hello, thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search