Online and lab script stimulus size differences

Author
crhbrown
Associate Member (50 reputation)Associate Member (50 reputation)Associate Member (50 reputation)Associate Member (50 reputation)Associate Member (50 reputation)Associate Member (50 reputation)Associate Member (50 reputation)Associate Member (50 reputation)Associate Member (50 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Inquisit team,
I've been running a script in lab for a while and it appears to work well directly from the computer, using Inquisit 6 licence. Recently, a collaborator and myself have moved the script online, but there seems to be an issue with the stimulus sizes after doing this. 

When its run through the Millisecond online server (Inquisit 6 licence), even though its the identical computer, the stimuli (which are all text and shapes) are far larger than when the same script is run directly through the computer. Strangely my collaborator's version of the same script runs fine through their institutions Inquisit 5 licence, and doesn't change the size of the stimuli from the script run through the computer.

I was wondering what may be going on and how it could be fixed? 

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
crhbrown - 11/24/2020
Hi Inquisit team,
I've been running a script in lab for a while and it appears to work well directly from the computer, using Inquisit 6 licence. Recently, a collaborator and myself have moved the script online, but there seems to be an issue with the stimulus sizes after doing this. 

When its run through the Millisecond online server (Inquisit 6 licence), even though its the identical computer, the stimuli (which are all text and shapes) are far larger than when the same script is run directly through the computer. Strangely my collaborator's version of the same script runs fine through their institutions Inquisit 5 licence, and doesn't change the size of the stimuli from the script run through the computer.

I was wondering what may be going on and how it could be fixed? 

Please provide (1) a link to the online script, (2) a description of which stimuli are sized differently, (3) the Inquisit 6 Lab version installed on your computer. You're probably using a different (outdated) Inquisit 6 Lab version than what you're using online.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search