Experiment throws no errors, but also doesn't launch


Author
Message
AbigailNovick
AbigailNovick
Associate Member (120 reputation)Associate Member (120 reputation)Associate Member (120 reputation)Associate Member (120 reputation)Associate Member (120 reputation)Associate Member (120 reputation)Associate Member (120 reputation)Associate Member (120 reputation)Associate Member (120 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Posts: 23, Visits: 80
Hello,

I'm having a weird problem where nothing happens when I go to my experiment launch url and click on the "Start" Inquisit 6 Player button. But, there are no errors in the experiment logs. The experiment runs perfectly on my local computer, and the online experiment has also run perfectly in the past, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

I'm using Inquisit 6.3.2 on a Mac running Chrome.

On the summary tab, it says my participants are dropping out at launch.

Another weird thing: if I try to edit my experiment scripts, it says Storage used: (0 of 100MB). I don't have any fancy media associated with this experiment, it's just showing text written in colors. But it's weird that it's not registering my scripts as taking up any storage.

Here's the link to the experiment start page that is causing this issue:
https://mili2nd.co/upwb?subjectid=1

Any idea what's going on? This worked fine last week. I tried restarting my computer because I wasn't sure if there was a problem with my local copy of Inquisit Player 6, but that did not help.

Thanks so much,
Abby
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (893K reputation)Supreme Being (893K reputation)Supreme Being (893K reputation)Supreme Being (893K reputation)Supreme Being (893K reputation)Supreme Being (893K reputation)Supreme Being (893K reputation)Supreme Being (893K reputation)Supreme Being (893K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Posts: 10K, Visits: 63K
AbigailNovick - 12/7/2020
Hello,

I'm having a weird problem where nothing happens when I go to my experiment launch url and click on the "Start" Inquisit 6 Player button. But, there are no errors in the experiment logs. The experiment runs perfectly on my local computer, and the online experiment has also run perfectly in the past, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

I'm using Inquisit 6.3.2 on a Mac running Chrome.

On the summary tab, it says my participants are dropping out at launch.

Another weird thing: if I try to edit my experiment scripts, it says Storage used: (0 of 100MB). I don't have any fancy media associated with this experiment, it's just showing text written in colors. But it's weird that it's not registering my scripts as taking up any storage.

Here's the link to the experiment start page that is causing this issue:
https://mili2nd.co/upwb?subjectid=1

Any idea what's going on? This worked fine last week. I tried restarting my computer because I wasn't sure if there was a problem with my local copy of Inquisit Player 6, but that did not help.

Thanks so much,
Abby

First, please make sure you install the Inquisit Player version your experiment uses via the download link on the start page. Clicking the start button will not download the player. The start button only becomes functional once the player has been installed.
AbigailNovick
AbigailNovick
Associate Member (120 reputation)Associate Member (120 reputation)Associate Member (120 reputation)Associate Member (120 reputation)Associate Member (120 reputation)Associate Member (120 reputation)Associate Member (120 reputation)Associate Member (120 reputation)Associate Member (120 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Posts: 23, Visits: 80
Thanks, Dave! You're right, it looks like the old version of Inquisit Player 6 did not work with the new experiment because it was in Inquisit 6.3.2. Updating the player fixed the problem :)


GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...



Merge into merge target...



Merge into a specific topic ID...




Reading This Topic

Explore
Messages
Mentions
Search