Progress Feedback based on blocknumber

Author
Athanasia
Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
After the end of each block, I want the participants to receive a feedback related to the number of blocks that have been completed. According to this https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v6/html/language/properties/currentblocknumber.htm
I created a Break page
<page Break>
You have now completed block <%expt.currentblocknumber%> out of 6.
^^Please feel free to take a short break now. Before you continue, we remind you that the words on the sides of the screen may have changed.
</page>
But it sais that “Expression 'block.currentblocknumber' is invalid. Expression contains an unknown element or property name.”
Why is this happening?

I also try to find a way to show a “thank you” page (instead of break) if the blocknumber is number 6 (the last one), but I m not familiar with expression syntax. Could you help me?
Thank you in advance

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Athanasia - 12/16/2020
After the end of each block, I want the participants to receive a feedback related to the number of blocks that have been completed. According to this https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v6/html/language/properties/currentblocknumber.htm
I created a Break page
<page Break>
You have now completed block <%expt.currentblocknumber%> out of 6.
^^Please feel free to take a short break now. Before you continue, we remind you that the words on the sides of the screen may have changed.
</page>
But it sais that “Expression 'block.currentblocknumber' is invalid. Expression contains an unknown element or property name.”
Why is this happening?

I also try to find a way to show a “thank you” page (instead of break) if the blocknumber is number 6 (the last one), but I m not familiar with expression syntax. Could you help me?
Thank you in advance

A script may have multiple <expt>s. Hence, as always, you are required to specify an element's name when you are trying to reference an element's property. If you have not explicitly named the one or several <expt> elements in your script, they are given numerical identifiers internally as in

<expt>
/ blocks = [1-6 = myblock]
</expt>

<block myblock>
/ postinstructions = (Break)
/ trials = [1=mytrial]
</block>

<page Break>
<%if (expt.1.currentblocknumber < 6) item.breaktext.item(1) else item.breaktext.item(2)%>
</page>

<item breaktext>
/ 1 = "You have now completed block <%expt.1.currentblocknumber%> out of 6.

Please feel free to take a short break now. Before you continue, we remind you that the words on the sides of the screen may have changed."
/ 2 = "Thank you!"
</item>

<trial mytrial>
/ stimulusframes = [1=mytext]
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

<text mytext>
/ items = ("Press SPACE")
</text>

Athanasia
Athanasia
Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)Associate Member (223 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you so much for your super fast response!!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search