Detection task question

Author
gjp223
New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi! I am quite new to Inquisit Millisecond.
I would like to know whether it is possible to use Inquisit for running an online detection task involving the presentation of a sound in concomitance with a gabor (2 different orientation) presented at threshold and embedded in dynamic noise. I’d like to establish participants individual threshold via staircase method. I found the "staircase method" script in the Inquisit library but I am still not sure whether it is adaptable to the detection task and the stimuli I need to use. In particular I am not sure whether it is possible to generate gabor and dynamic noise stimuli directly in Inquisit or if not, how to implement them in the script. Should I prepare all the possible instances as gif file and define them via the item element? 
Thank you for your time. 

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
gjp223 - 12/18/2020
Hi! I am quite new to Inquisit Millisecond.
I would like to know whether it is possible to use Inquisit for running an online detection task involving the presentation of a sound in concomitance with a gabor (2 different orientation) presented at threshold and embedded in dynamic noise. I’d like to establish participants individual threshold via staircase method. I found the "staircase method" script in the Inquisit library but I am still not sure whether it is adaptable to the detection task and the stimuli I need to use. In particular I am not sure whether it is possible to generate gabor and dynamic noise stimuli directly in Inquisit or if not, how to implement them in the script. Should I prepare all the possible instances as gif file and define them via the item element? 
Thank you for your time. 

Inquisit cannot dynamically generate gabor patches and noise stimuli. Those you would have to pre-generate outside of Inquisit as images and then select the respective image items per a staircase method.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search