Repeated lines on IAT script

Author
Confused_desi
Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello--

Happy New Year!

I am designing an IAT for one of my research projects. I used the trial version of Inquisit 5 app to modify the IAT script downloaded from the website, and it was ready to go. After returning to it today (which would be a month after I had finalized it), for some reason each line on the IAT script repeats multiple times. Furthermore, I am unable to alter/edit the script. I have attached three screenshots for your kind review. 

I have tried downloading a new IAT script from the website, editing the script on TextEdits (btw, it look fine on textedits), and uninstalling- reinstalling the Inquisit 5 lab applications on my MacBook, but to no avail. 

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated! 

Thank you very much!

Sincerely,
A concerned grad student

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Confused_desi - 1/6/2021
Hello--

Happy New Year!

I am designing an IAT for one of my research projects. I used the trial version of Inquisit 5 app to modify the IAT script downloaded from the website, and it was ready to go. After returning to it today (which would be a month after I had finalized it), for some reason each line on the IAT script repeats multiple times. Furthermore, I am unable to alter/edit the script. I have attached three screenshots for your kind review. 

I have tried downloading a new IAT script from the website, editing the script on TextEdits (btw, it look fine on textedits), and uninstalling- reinstalling the Inquisit 5 lab applications on my MacBook, but to no avail. 

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated! 

Thank you very much!

Sincerely,
A concerned grad student

You've probably upgraded your Mac to Big Sur. Inquisit 5's editor is not compatible with Big Sur, i.e. it will not display the script properly. The script itself is fine, though, and you can still run it under Inquisit 5 under Big Sur. To edit the script, however, you will need to install Inquisit 6 Lab (you don't need an Inquisit 6 license for this, an unregistered installation works just fine for mere editing).
Confused_desi
Confused_desi
Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Dave--- Thank you very much! It is working now, and I am able to edit the script. 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search