Responses not recorded when stimuli exist near the end of the trial

Author
nidhi_desai
Respected Member (476 reputation)Respected Member (476 reputation)Respected Member (476 reputation)Respected Member (476 reputation)Respected Member (476 reputation)Respected Member (476 reputation)Respected Member (476 reputation)Respected Member (476 reputation)Respected Member (476 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
In my experiment, I have some stimuli at the beginning of a trial and some at the end. The end stimuli are not based on the participant's response. I have observed that when I have the 2 stimuli at the end of the trial, I don't record any responses i.e. trial.Que.response =0, when I am pressing the valid buttons during the trial. Why might this be the case and can you suggest a workaround for this?

<trial Que>
/ stimulustimes = [0 = shieldK, shieldS; 1 = portETdisplayOn; 2998 = portETdisplayOff; 2999 = portETtrialEnd]
/ timeout = 3000
/ validresponse = (31, 37, noresponse)
/ isvalidresponse = [
if (trial.Que.response == 31) {
values.sKeyPress += 1;
}
/ responsemessage = (31, portETresponse, 1)
/ responsemessage = (37, portETresponse, 1)
/ responseinterrupt = trial
</trial>

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
nidhi_desai - 1/14/2021
In my experiment, I have some stimuli at the beginning of a trial and some at the end. The end stimuli are not based on the participant's response. I have observed that when I have the 2 stimuli at the end of the trial, I don't record any responses i.e. trial.Que.response =0, when I am pressing the valid buttons during the trial. Why might this be the case and can you suggest a workaround for this?

<trial Que>
/ stimulustimes = [0 = shieldK, shieldS; 1 = portETdisplayOn; 2998 = portETdisplayOff; 2999 = portETtrialEnd]
/ timeout = 3000
/ isvalidresponse = [
values.sKeyPress += 1;
}
/ responseinterrupt = trial
</trial>

By default, Inquisit recognizes responses that occur after the stimulus presentation sequence, and responses given during the presentation are ignored. To change that, use /beginresponsetime = 0, which will allow responses from the start of the stimulus presentation sequence. I.e. something like

<trial Que>
/ ontrialbegin = [trial.Que.resetstimulusframes();]
/ timeout = 3000
/ isvalidresponse = [
   values.sKeyPress += 1;
}
/ responseinterrupt = frames
/ beginresponsetime = 0

</trial>

https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v6/html/language/attributes/beginresponsetime.htm
Edited 3 Years Ago by Dave
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search