Group: Forum Members
A colleague sent me a link to two experiments to try out (one happens to use Inquisit 5 and the other Inquisit 6). Went I press the start button, it downloads Inquisit Player (5 or 6), yet I already had both players installed. Thinking they might be updates, I dragged them to my Applications folder. When I pressed Start again, it proceeded to download the .dmg files again. I closed the window, followed the link from the email (opening a new browser window), and the same behavior happened.
Thinking it might be my machine, I tried a different computer. The same thing happened: instead of launching the experiment, the Start button downloaded the player .dmg file (again, the latest version of player was already installed on that computer). I thought there might be something wrong with his scripts, so I went to millisecond.com and launched one of my old experiments that I know has worked just fine in the past. Again, the same behavior.