Participants unable to locate cursor after completing task

Author
barnhart135
Associate Member (136 reputation)Associate Member (136 reputation)Associate Member (136 reputation)Associate Member (136 reputation)Associate Member (136 reputation)Associate Member (136 reputation)Associate Member (136 reputation)Associate Member (136 reputation)Associate Member (136 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello--

For my study, participants are routed from Qualtrics to Inquisit to complete the N-back and go/no go. My review committee asked me to assess practice effects since these are popular measures. To do this, I coded in a simple multiple choice question after each task (e.g., "Have you completed this task before? Yes/no/I don't know).

Unfortunately, participants are reporting that once the task ends, they are unable to bring their cursor to screen to select one of these options. This has lad to participants ending the program, and thus the study.

Any ideas on why this might be happening in Inquisit and tips to correct this?

W
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
barnhart135 - 1/28/2021
Hello--

For my study, participants are routed from Qualtrics to Inquisit to complete the N-back and go/no go. My review committee asked me to assess practice effects since these are popular measures. To do this, I coded in a simple multiple choice question after each task (e.g., "Have you completed this task before? Yes/no/I don't know).

Unfortunately, participants are reporting that once the task ends, they are unable to bring their cursor to screen to select one of these options. This has lad to participants ending the program, and thus the study.

Any ideas on why this might be happening in Inquisit and tips to correct this?

W

You will have to provide the link to the study's Inquisit start page and -- as far as you have available -- the system details (operating system, etc,) for the participants who experienced this issue.
barnhart135
barnhart135
Associate Member (136 reputation)Associate Member (136 reputation)Associate Member (136 reputation)Associate Member (136 reputation)Associate Member (136 reputation)Associate Member (136 reputation)Associate Member (136 reputation)Associate Member (136 reputation)Associate Member (136 reputation)
Sure - would you like me to post here or can I send to you privately?

For the participants who has expressed issues, I know both were working from macbooks - don't really know much more. I wonder if age of the device could play a role given I, too, have a macbook but experience no issues.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
barnhart135 - 1/28/2021

For the participants who has expressed issues, I know both were working from macbooks - don't really know much more. I wonder if age of the device could play a role given I, too, have a macbook but experience no issues.

> Sure - would you like me to post here or can I send to you privately?

Whatever works best for you.

As for age, OSX version might play a role, it's possible that Apple broke compatibility.

barnhart135
barnhart135
Dave - 1/28/2021
barnhart135 - 1/28/2021

> Sure - would you like me to post here or can I send to you privately?

Whatever works best for you.

As for age, OSX version might play a role, it's possible that Apple broke compatibility.

I will send privately - thanks.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search