Surveypage text not showing

Author
mindwanderingjeremy
Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, 

I am attempting to insert a series of surveypages into my experiment at certain intervals but for some reason the text on the survey pages is not displaying properly - the questions are not being displayed at all and the responses are just black blocks next to the checkboxes. The rest of the stimulus presentation and timing is working fine, it is just the surveypages that are not working. I have attached my code and stimuli below, if you run the experiment through the first block you will see what I mean. It will present shapes for a period of time (dont worry about responding, this is not necessary) and then it will show a white 'stop' screen, followed by the white survey page with no text on it.

I have specified txcolor = (0,0,0) in all of the survey pages and added a whitebackground (shape.background2) so I cannot work out why I am having this problem. I have attempted a number of fixes but to no avail. I assume the problem is isolated to either the default variables, the <trial stop> , or in the surveypages themselves. If anyone could have a look at my code and assist me in fixing this issue I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.
Attachments
NBack1.iqx (211 views, 40.00 KB)
blueCircle.gif (186 views, 61.00 KB)
blueSquare.gif (197 views, 5.00 KB)
blueTriangle.gif (183 views, 6.00 KB)
redCircle.gif (191 views, 100.00 KB)
redSquare.gif (193 views, 3.00 KB)
redTriangle.gif (180 views, 77.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

mindwanderingjeremy - 2/9/2021
Hi, 

I am attempting to insert a series of surveypages into my experiment at certain intervals but for some reason the text on the survey pages is not displaying properly - the questions are not being displayed at all and the responses are just black blocks next to the checkboxes. The rest of the stimulus presentation and timing is working fine, it is just the surveypages that are not working. I have attached my code and stimuli below, if you run the experiment through the first block you will see what I mean. It will present shapes for a period of time (dont worry about responding, this is not necessary) and then it will show a white 'stop' screen, followed by the white survey page with no text on it.

I have specified txcolor = (0,0,0) in all of the survey pages and added a whitebackground (shape.background2) so I cannot work out why I am having this problem. I have attempted a number of fixes but to no avail. I assume the problem is isolated to either the default variables, the <trial stop> , or in the surveypages themselves. If anyone could have a look at my code and assist me in fixing this issue I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.

<block quick0back>
/ screencolor = (0, 0, 0)
</block>

The screencolor in the blocks is set to black. That means the surveypages color will also have black background color, because they are executed in the context of that block. A white "background" shape won't help with surveypages, the shape is drawn on top of the underlying page's surface, which remains black. Hence you have black question text per /txcolor = (0,0,0) on the pages against a black background. Get rid of the background2 shape in the surveypages and instead have e.g. <trial stop> change the given block's screencolor to white, and later change it back to black if need be.

Attachments
NBack1.iqx (189 views, 40.00 KB)
mindwanderingjeremy
mindwanderingjeremy
Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)Associate Member (190 reputation)
Ahh awesome, yea I can see the text for the checkboxes now thank you! I still cant see the caption for the questions though. Is there a command  I need to add into the <surveypages> sections to display the question caption too? 
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
mindwanderingjeremy - 2/10/2021
Ahh awesome, yea I can see the text for the checkboxes now thank you! I still cant see the caption for the questions though. Is there a command  I need to add into the <surveypages> sections to display the question caption too? 

Sorry, I don't see whatever issue you are seeing with the captions. They're there when I run the thing.

mindwanderingjeremy
mindwanderingjeremy
Ah cool yea I worked it out. Thanks again! :
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search