Random assignment of group number in IAT

Author
Confused_desi
Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello!

I am designing an IAT experiment using the trial version of Inquisit Lab 6 for my thesis, and was wondering if there was a way to automatically and randomly assign participants to one of two conditions without having them enter the group number, subject ID and session number? I have attached a screenshot of the screen I would like to "get rid off" from the participant's point of view.

I followed the directions on this website https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v6/html/articles/websubjectnumbers.htm, but it didn't work. Is it because I am still using the trial version of Inquisit Lab? 

Any help or clarification would be much appreciated!

Sincerely,
Harini 

Attachments
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Confused_desi - 2/12/2021
Hello!

I am designing an IAT experiment using the trial version of Inquisit Lab 6 for my thesis, and was wondering if there was a way to automatically and randomly assign participants to one of two conditions without having them enter the group number, subject ID and session number? I have attached a screenshot of the screen I would like to "get rid off" from the participant's point of view.

I followed the directions on this website https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v6/html/articles/websubjectnumbers.htm, but it didn't work. Is it because I am still using the trial version of Inquisit Lab? 

Any help or clarification would be much appreciated!

Sincerely,
Harini 

In Inquisit Web, once you have an Inquisit Web license, you simply select random group ID generation and indicate the number of groups as 2. Participants will not have to enter anything.
Confused_desi
Confused_desi
Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)Associate Member (85 reputation)
Hello Dave,

Sounds good! Thank you very much!

Best,
Harini 
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Hello Dave,

Sounds good! Thank you very much!

Best,
Harini 

This is how this will look in the online interface you see when you register a script under your account / web license:

Confused_desi
Confused_desi
Hi Dave,

This is a really helpful screenshot of the interface, thank you! This is helpful since I plan to link a Qualtrics survey to Inquisit such that the IDs are automatically transferred from Qualtrics to Inquisit and back to the Qualtrics survey.

The forum has been a really great resource!

Best,
Harini
Dave
Dave
Hi Dave,

This is a really helpful screenshot of the interface, thank you! This is helpful since I plan to link a Qualtrics survey to Inquisit such that the IDs are automatically transferred from Qualtrics to Inquisit and back to the Qualtrics survey.

The forum has been a really great resource!

Best,
Harini

For transfering the ID from Qualtrics, see https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v6/html/howto/interopsurveys.htm , under "Sending Subject IDs from 3rd Party Site to Inquisit" and "Configuring Inquisit to Receive IDs from a 3rd Party Web Site".

Confused_desi
Confused_desi
Hi Dave,

Thank you for sharing that helpful page!

So right now, I am using the trial version of Inquisit Lab 6 to finalize my experiment. To "test-run" the transfer of IDs between Inquisit Web lab 6 and Qualtrics, do I need to purchase the license first? Or is there a way I can test it out using a trial version of Inquisit Web Lab 6?

I appreciate all of your patience wit answering my sporadic questions!

Best,
Harini 
Dave
Dave
Confused_desi - 2/22/2021
Hi Dave,

Thank you for sharing that helpful page!

So right now, I am using the trial version of Inquisit Lab 6 to finalize my experiment. To "test-run" the transfer of IDs between Inquisit Web lab 6 and Qualtrics, do I need to purchase the license first? Or is there a way I can test it out using a trial version of Inquisit Web Lab 6?

I appreciate all of your patience wit answering my sporadic questions!

Best,
Harini 

Transfering IDs from Qualtrics to Inquisit and vice versa is only really applicable on the web, so you'll need a web license to set it up.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search