Help with continuing to next trial/block

Author
nlhelp
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am new to Inquisit and would really appreciate any help or advice with this.

I am using the template "Cognitive Reflection Test," to try to make a "definition matching" test where participants match the correct definition to words they read prior to this task.

The "Cognitive Reflection Test" has 1 trial, and for this definition matching task I need to have 4 trials (16 words/definitions per trial). I am having a lot of trouble getting the 2nd trial to start: I tried to create a "next" or "submit" text/button (as per Dave's recommendation on someone's thread on this forum) that will activate the next trial (I have tried to put a "branch" under block, trial, and both), but nothing that I have tried has worked. The "next/submit" button either does nothing when clicked or it causes the experiment to crash.

Please let me know if there is something I am missing, or if there is any advice you could give me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
nlhelp - 2/20/2021
I am new to Inquisit and would really appreciate any help or advice with this.

I am using the template "Cognitive Reflection Test," to try to make a "definition matching" test where participants match the correct definition to words they read prior to this task.

The "Cognitive Reflection Test" has 1 trial, and for this definition matching task I need to have 4 trials (16 words/definitions per trial). I am having a lot of trouble getting the 2nd trial to start: I tried to create a "next" or "submit" text/button (as per Dave's recommendation on someone's thread on this forum) that will activate the next trial (I have tried to put a "branch" under block, trial, and both), but nothing that I have tried has worked. The "next/submit" button either does nothing when clicked or it causes the experiment to crash.

Please let me know if there is something I am missing, or if there is any advice you could give me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I have no real idea what exactly you want to do based on the short description you provided, nor am I convinced that the CRT is a suitable template for what you want to do.

Please provide a sufficiently detailed description.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search