Link to an external Website

Author
Djo
Associate Member (240 reputation)Associate Member (240 reputation)Associate Member (240 reputation)Associate Member (240 reputation)Associate Member (240 reputation)Associate Member (240 reputation)Associate Member (240 reputation)Associate Member (240 reputation)Associate Member (240 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello all,
For our planned experiment, I would like to load an external website on which the participants can enter something, and the page converts these entries into different numbers.

For this, I have created a link in the <htmlpage> element and inserted it into the experiment. The problem arises that the website can be loaded when the script is executed, but only with an error message (script error), and the page does not allow the input to be converted.

Is there a way to switch off the error message, or is such processing not possible on an external website in the context of an inquisit script?
Thank you very much for your help.
Kind regards,
Djo

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Djo - 3/3/2021
Hello all,
For our planned experiment, I would like to load an external website on which the participants can enter something, and the page converts these entries into different numbers.

For this, I have created a link in the <htmlpage> element and inserted it into the experiment. The problem arises that the website can be loaded when the script is executed, but only with an error message (script error), and the page does not allow the input to be converted.

Is there a way to switch off the error message, or is such processing not possible on an external website in the context of an inquisit script?
Thank you very much for your help.
Kind regards,
Djo

> Is there a way to switch off the error message.

No.

What are you having participants enter and how is their input converted. It may well be possible to have Inquisit handle that instead of an external site.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search