Problems with participant log

Author
f.sunstrum
Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there, I'm having problems with the participant log for my experiment using Inquisit 6.  The summary said I had 134 total participant visits and 81 total participants completed.  When I looked at the data, there were only 52 participants who had actually completed the whole experiment and 29 had answered some of the questions but exited before finishing.  My question is why are these 29 participants being added and logged as completing the study?  Cheers.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
f.sunstrum - 3/8/2021
Hi there, I'm having problems with the participant log for my experiment using Inquisit 6.  The summary said I had 134 total participant visits and 81 total participants completed.  When I looked at the data, there were only 52 participants who had actually completed the whole experiment and 29 had answered some of the questions but exited before finishing.  My question is why are these 29 participants being added and logged as completing the study?  Cheers.

Please provide the link to the experiment.
f.sunstrum
f.sunstrum
Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)Associate Member (77 reputation)
Dave - 3/8/2021
f.sunstrum - 3/8/2021

Hi Dave, thanks for your reply.  Here's the link to the experiment:
https://mili2nd.co/kmvb
It's made up of three parts and has 8 files total for the participants to complete. 
Cheers.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
f.sunstrum - 3/8/2021
Dave - 3/8/2021
f.sunstrum - 3/8/2021

It's made up of three parts and has 8 files total for the participants to complete. 
Cheers.

Thank you for the link.

> 81 total participants completed. When I looked at the data, there were only 52 participants who had actually completed the whole experiment and 29 had answered some of the questions but exited before finishing.

The main criterion by which the logs consider a participant as having "completed" is that at least one data file has been received for that participant. It is entirely possible to administer a different number of scripts to different groups of participants, or only administer certain scripts if a given condition is satisfied, so it is not possible for the logs to distinguish between a participant for which data for all 3 parts is available vs. a participant for which only data for some of the parts is available.

f.sunstrum
f.sunstrum
Dave - 3/8/2021
f.sunstrum - 3/8/2021
Dave - 3/8/2021
f.sunstrum - 3/8/2021

Cheers.

Thank you for the link.

> 81 total participants completed. When I looked at the data, there were only 52 participants who had actually completed the whole experiment and 29 had answered some of the questions but exited before finishing.

The main criterion by which the logs consider a participant as having "completed" is that at least one data file has been received for that participant. It is entirely possible to administer a different number of scripts to different groups of participants, or only administer certain scripts if a given condition is satisfied, so it is not possible for the logs to distinguish between a participant for which data for all 3 parts is available vs. a participant for which only data for some of the parts is available.

I see.  That's a shame, but thanks for that explanation, Dave.  I appreciate it.  Cheers.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search