Visual "Counter Feedback"

Author
raynae
Associate Member (163 reputation)Associate Member (163 reputation)Associate Member (163 reputation)Associate Member (163 reputation)Associate Member (163 reputation)Associate Member (163 reputation)Associate Member (163 reputation)Associate Member (163 reputation)Associate Member (163 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Looking for some help with out to provide accumulative visual feedback for correct answers. I'm planning on programming a sorting task similar to the Wisconsin Card sorting but would like to provide visual feedback that will "count" correct answers. Something like a bar that continuously grows on the screen. Sorry, don't have any code to present just trying to confirm if this is possible with Inquisit before proceeding. 

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
raynae - 3/9/2021
Looking for some help with out to provide accumulative visual feedback for correct answers. I'm planning on programming a sorting task similar to the Wisconsin Card sorting but would like to provide visual feedback that will "count" correct answers. Something like a bar that continuously grows on the screen. Sorry, don't have any code to present just trying to confirm if this is possible with Inquisit before proceeding. 

Yes, it's possible. You can of course accumulate the number of correct responses in a <values> entry and size a rectangular <shape> serving as progress bar accordingly.
raynae
raynae
Associate Member (163 reputation)Associate Member (163 reputation)Associate Member (163 reputation)Associate Member (163 reputation)Associate Member (163 reputation)Associate Member (163 reputation)Associate Member (163 reputation)Associate Member (163 reputation)Associate Member (163 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, I'm trying to display a total score to participants at the end of a block of trials. Using this code. 

/ ontrialend = [if (trial.trash1.correct = true) values.total = values.total + 1]

<values total>
/total = 0
</values>

however I'm receiving an error that I'm trying to set the value of a read-only property. Not sure how to work around this. 

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
raynae - 3/24/2021
Hello, I'm trying to display a total score to participants at the end of a block of trials. Using this code. 

/ ontrialend = [if (trial.trash1.correct = true) values.total = values.total + 1]

<values total>
/total = 0
</values>

however I'm receiving an error that I'm trying to set the value of a read-only property. Not sure how to work around this. 

= is the assignment operator. You need the logical equivalence operator ==.

/ ontrialend = [if (trial.trash1.correct == true) values.total = values.total + 1]
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search