$ is not defined when trying to download Inquisit player

Author
kheid7
Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, I'm new to running tasks using Inquisit and a participant reached out to me saying that they ran into "$ is not defined" as an error when trying to download the Inquisit player. 

Does anyone know what this may mean or how I could go about helping them gain access to the task?

Thank you so much!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
kheid7 - 3/29/2021
Hi, I'm new to running tasks using Inquisit and a participant reached out to me saying that they ran into "$ is not defined" as an error when trying to download the Inquisit player. 

Does anyone know what this may mean or how I could go about helping them gain access to the task?

Thank you so much!

Would you have the link to the study in question, please?

There was a service outage starting late last night and continuing to earlier this morning. If the participant tried to access the study during that timeframe, this would explain the error. That outage should be fully resolved by now, so if the issue persists for the study, something else is going on and I would need the link to check into that.
Edited 3 Years Ago by Dave
kheid7
kheid7
Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)Associate Member (96 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 3/29/2021
kheid7 - 3/29/2021

Thank you so much!

Would you have the link to the study in question, please?

There was a service outage starting late last night and continuing to earlier this morning. If the participant tried to access the study during that timeframe, this would explain the error. That outage should be fully resolved by now, so if the issue persists for the study, something else is going on and I would need the link to check into that.

That could definitely be it. I'll have the participant return the HIT, resend them the HIT and hopefully everything will run smoothly. I will send along the link to the study if need be. Thank you so much for your quick response!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search