block vs experiment

Author
anisa_khalfan
Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I am having some trouble with my study. So I have finished programming it and when I run a block individually, the positions of the stimulus are what I intended it to be.
However, when I run the entire study (consisting of 4 blocks), the positions of the stimulus on each trial go very wrong and end up all over the place.
I feel like it may be because of the way I implemented the lists, but I am not sure why that would be affecting the stimulus' position.

Any help would be appreciated! I attached the script for reference.
Attachments
NEWEST.iqx (163 views, 37.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
anisa_khalfan - 4/5/2021
Hi,

I am having some trouble with my study. So I have finished programming it and when I run a block individually, the positions of the stimulus are what I intended it to be.
However, when I run the entire study (consisting of 4 blocks), the positions of the stimulus on each trial go very wrong and end up all over the place.
I feel like it may be because of the way I implemented the lists, but I am not sure why that would be affecting the stimulus' position.

(1) If you need to share a script that requires external files to run, always provide those files along with the script please.
(2) Please take the time to actually explain what you "intended [the positions] to be" and in what way, specifically, "[the positions] on each trial go very wrong." I do not know what this is supposed to actually mean.

Also, your <expt> doesn't actually run any blocks. Why is that?
Edited 3 Years Ago by Dave
anisa_khalfan
anisa_khalfan
Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)Associate Member (263 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 4/5/2021
anisa_khalfan - 4/5/2021
Hi,

(1) If you need to share a script that requires external files to run, always provide those files along with the script please.
(2) Please take the time to actually explain what you "intended [the positions] to be" and in what way, specifically, "[the positions] on each trial go very wrong." I do not know what this is supposed to actually mean.

My apologies. I have attached a shortened version of the script with the files.

I have arranged each trial to have one stimulus be positioned at 50% of the y axis. When I run the block one at a time, it does this. But when I run the experiment, it does not - there is no one stimulus that stays at 50% of the y axis.
Attachments
NEWEST copy.iqx (209 views, 30.00 KB)
057_y_m_a_b.jpg (149 views, 19.00 KB)
058_m_m_h_b.jpg (170 views, 21.00 KB)
062_y_m_h_b.jpg (151 views, 19.00 KB)
072_y_m_h_b.jpg (148 views, 21.00 KB)
076_o_m_h_b.jpg (154 views, 27.00 KB)
004_o_m_a_b.jpg (156 views, 24.00 KB)
008_y_m_a_b.jpg (154 views, 20.00 KB)
013_y_m_a_b.jpg (158 views, 17.00 KB)
014_m_m_a_b.jpg (161 views, 20.00 KB)
015_o_m_a_b.jpg (151 views, 25.00 KB)
131_o_m_n_b.jpg (166 views, 23.00 KB)
135_y_m_n_b.jpg (157 views, 19.00 KB)
137_o_m_a_a.jpg (152 views, 26.00 KB)
141_o_m_h_a.jpg (163 views, 24.00 KB)
144_y_m_n_b.jpg (169 views, 20.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
anisa_khalfan - 4/5/2021
Dave - 4/5/2021
anisa_khalfan - 4/5/2021
Hi,

My apologies. I have attached a shortened version of the script with the files.

I have arranged each trial to have one stimulus be positioned at 50% of the y axis. When I run the block one at a time, it does this. But when I run the experiment, it does not - there is no one stimulus that stays at 50% of the y axis.

> I have arranged each trial to have one stimulus be positioned at 50% of the y axis.
> But when I run the experiment, it does not - there is no one stimulus that stays at 50% of the y axis.

If a given stimulus's y position was changed in a previous block, it will not revert back to the center position in the next block by itself. You have to set it back to that position /onblockbegin.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search