registration issue

Author
la_1985
Associate Member (210 reputation)Associate Member (210 reputation)Associate Member (210 reputation)Associate Member (210 reputation)Associate Member (210 reputation)Associate Member (210 reputation)Associate Member (210 reputation)Associate Member (210 reputation)Associate Member (210 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I was unable to obtain a computer key when installing Inquisit 6 on my computer (MacOS Big Sur). When I open Inquisit on my computer it says "Inquisit has detected an error with it's installation. Please reinstall Inquisit using the installer package." I have reinstalled Inquisit from my Inquisit account, but unfortunately it still didn't work. I have checked my systems preferences and it is not a security issue. I am currently using the free trial, but I have a license and will need to use to run my experiment. 
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks, 
Liz
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
la_1985 - 4/5/2021
Hi,

I was unable to obtain a computer key when installing Inquisit 6 on my computer (MacOS Big Sur). When I open Inquisit on my computer it says "Inquisit has detected an error with it's installation. Please reinstall Inquisit using the installer package." I have reinstalled Inquisit from my Inquisit account, but unfortunately it still didn't work. I have checked my systems preferences and it is not a security issue. I am currently using the free trial, but I have a license and will need to use to run my experiment. 
Thanks, 
Liz

Try the following:

To redo the setup on your machine, run Inquisit with the resetup command line option in your Mac's Terminal app:
  /Applications/Inquisit\ 6.app/Contents/MacOS/Inquisit\ 6 --resetup

If that doesn't work directly it could be a permissions problem, in which case running with elevated privileges should do the trick:
  sudo /Applications/Inquisit\ 6.app/Contents/MacOS/Inquisit\ 6 --resetup

la_1985
la_1985
Associate Member (210 reputation)Associate Member (210 reputation)Associate Member (210 reputation)Associate Member (210 reputation)Associate Member (210 reputation)Associate Member (210 reputation)Associate Member (210 reputation)Associate Member (210 reputation)Associate Member (210 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 4/6/2021
la_1985 - 4/5/2021
Hi,

Thanks, 
Liz

Try the following:

To redo the setup on your machine, run Inquisit with the resetup command line option in your Mac's Terminal app:
  /Applications/Inquisit\ 6.app/Contents/MacOS/Inquisit\ 6 --resetup

If that doesn't work directly it could be a permissions problem, in which case running with elevated privileges should do the trick:
  sudo /Applications/Inquisit\ 6.app/Contents/MacOS/Inquisit\ 6 --resetup

Great thank you so much! It is working now :)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search