Feature request: open .iqx files by dragging them into Inquisit window

Feature request: open .iqx files by dragging them into Inquisit window...
Author
AKrishna
Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all, this is a simple one: in the past, Inquisit 5 was able to open .iqx files when you dragged them into the Inquisit program window, regardless of whether another script was already being displayed. However, Inquisit 6 will only open files via drag and drop if the "Start" tab in Inquisit is activated, but not if another script file tab is currently open. If possible, it would improve my user experience to allow Inquisit 6 to open files via drag and drop even if another script tab is currently open. Thanks a lot! :)

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
AKrishna - 5/12/2021
Hi all, this is a simple one: in the past, Inquisit 5 was able to open .iqx files when you dragged them into the Inquisit program window, regardless of whether another script was already being displayed. However, Inquisit 6 will only open files via drag and drop if the "Start" tab in Inquisit is activated, but not if another script file tab is currently open. If possible, it would improve my user experience to allow Inquisit 6 to open files via drag and drop even if another script tab is currently open. Thanks a lot! :)

It will open files via drag and drop, the start tab doesn't need to be activated, if you drag and drop the file anywhere in the below area:

AKrishna
AKrishna
Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Well, there you have it - a small interface change is enough to confound me sometimes. :D

Thanks for the info! This will help smooth out my workflow more than you might think.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search