Having dot probes appear in random/fixed position


Author
Message
BasE
BasE
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Posts: 2, Visits: 7
Greetings,

I am currently constructing a Cognitive Bias Modification Attention (CBM-A) task that is aimed at reducing depressive and anxiety symptoms within my population. As a blueprint, I am using the CBM-A task as provided by Miller & Filmore to the Inquisit website.

Currently, the task is constructed in that it shows a positive and a negative image to the side, followed by a probe at a random location. My training has two conditions where the probe condition will appear on the location of the positive image after exposure in the experimental condition, and appear in a random position after image exposure in the control condition.

My question is what code I must implement to make sure the probe appears at the location of the positive image. I'll include the code of my current task in this post. Apologies if the parameters are a bit of a mess - I still need to change them from the alcohol task.

Many thanks in forward!
Attachments
CBM-Adotprobe.iqx (8 views, 41.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (937K reputation)Supreme Being (937K reputation)Supreme Being (937K reputation)Supreme Being (937K reputation)Supreme Being (937K reputation)Supreme Being (937K reputation)Supreme Being (937K reputation)Supreme Being (937K reputation)Supreme Being (937K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Posts: 11K, Visits: 70K
Look at the lists determining congruence. 1 = probe in same position as target, i.e. congruent.. 2 = probe not in same position as target, i.e. incongruent. You only want 1.

BasE
BasE
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Posts: 2, Visits: 7
Dave - 5/25/2021
Look at the lists determining congruence. 1 = probe in same position as target, i.e. congruent.. 2 = probe not in same position as target, i.e. incongruent. You only want 1.

Thanks for the reply. I tried adapting this in both the Editable lists, Values and Practice Trials subsection, but it didn't seem to be congruent when I ran the monkey tool. What specific subsection should I edit to make sure it is congruent?

What I also should mention is that the stimuli in Miller & Fillmore's task used to have 4 subcategories for stimuli; alcohol pictures, neutral pictures paired with the sample alcohol images, filler images, and the second set of filler images paired with the first set of filler images. I only have two subcategories for Stimuli (positive and negative images). I feel like something might have gone wrong there when I deleted two of the subcategories and replaced them.


Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (937K reputation)Supreme Being (937K reputation)Supreme Being (937K reputation)Supreme Being (937K reputation)Supreme Being (937K reputation)Supreme Being (937K reputation)Supreme Being (937K reputation)Supreme Being (937K reputation)Supreme Being (937K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Posts: 11K, Visits: 70K
BasE - 5/26/2021
Dave - 5/25/2021
Look at the lists determining congruence. 1 = probe in same position as target, i.e. congruent.. 2 = probe not in same position as target, i.e. incongruent. You only want 1.

Thanks for the reply. I tried adapting this in both the Editable lists, Values and Practice Trials subsection, but it didn't seem to be congruent when I ran the monkey tool. What specific subsection should I edit to make sure it is congruent?

What I also should mention is that the stimuli in Miller & Fillmore's task used to have 4 subcategories for stimuli; alcohol pictures, neutral pictures paired with the sample alcohol images, filler images, and the second set of filler images paired with the first set of filler images. I only have two subcategories for Stimuli (positive and negative images). I feel like something might have gone wrong there when I deleted two of the subcategories and replaced them.


In all lists that end with _congruence, make sure that the only items contained are 1s.

And fix the various mistakes in your script. For example, your target item numbers list

<list AlcoholTarget_itemnumbers>
/ items = (
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10,
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19,
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19,
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
/ replace = true
</list>

has 67 items.

The various lists paired to the above list, however, only have 40 items

<list AlcoholTarget_positions>
/ items = (
1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2)
/ selectionmode = list.AlcoholTarget_itemnumbers.currentindex
</list>

So there are 27 items for which there is no specified position or congruence. This obviously cannot work.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...



Merge into merge target...



Merge into a specific topic ID...




Reading This Topic

Explore
Messages
Mentions
Search