data access

Author
tecnika
Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I am going to upload an experiment for a researcher and I would like him to be able to access the data. At the moment I am the account admin and he is an user. I have many other users in my account but I would like the data to be accessible only to him. Is this possible?

Also I have noticed that some other data that have been collected (on experiments registered by me or other users from my account) are visible and editable to all users. How is it possible to prevent this?

Many thanks
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
tecnika - 6/7/2021
Hello,

I am going to upload an experiment for a researcher and I would like him to be able to access the data. At the moment I am the account admin and he is an user. I have many other users in my account but I would like the data to be accessible only to him. Is this possible?

Also I have noticed that some other data that have been collected (on experiments registered by me or other users from my account) are visible and editable to all users. How is it possible to prevent this?

Many thanks

Users will only have access to experiments and associated data they have registered / uploaded themselves. Account administrators, on the other hand, will have access to all experiments and data under the account. I:e., if you as administrator register an experiment, the user will not be able to access its settings and data. The solution is to have the user register the experiment themselves, under their own login credentials. (They could just upload any script, it need not be the final one. You as administrator can then go in and upload the correct files, etc., and the user will retain access.)

As for experiments accessible to all, those are legacy experiments and data, i.e. things that were registered before fine-grained access controls were implemented.
tecnika
tecnika
Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)
Dave - 6/7/2021
tecnika - 6/7/2021
Hello,

Many thanks

Users will only have access to experiments and associated data they have registered / uploaded themselves. Account administrators, on the other hand, will have access to all experiments and data under the account. I:e., if you as administrator register an experiment, the user will not be able to access its settings and data. The solution is to have the user register the experiment themselves, under their own login credentials. (They could just upload any script, it need not be the final one. You as administrator can then go in and upload the correct files, etc., and the user will retain access.)

As for experiments accessible to all, those are legacy experiments and data, i.e. things that were registered before fine-grained access controls were implemented.

Hi Dave, thank you for your reply. Is there a way for me to register an experiment and make the data accessible only to another user?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
tecnika - 6/7/2021
Dave - 6/7/2021
tecnika - 6/7/2021
Hello,

Many thanks

Hi Dave, thank you for your reply. Is there a way for me to register an experiment and make the data accessible only to another user?

No. For the experiment to be accessible to the user, it needs to be registered under the user's credentials.

tecnika
tecnika
Dave - 6/7/2021
tecnika - 6/7/2021
Dave - 6/7/2021
tecnika - 6/7/2021
Hello,

Many thanks

No. For the experiment to be accessible to the user, it needs to be registered under the user's credentials.

thank you, that's what I thought
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search