Html works fine on lab, but fails on web

Author
satchmo496
Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Greetings!
I've created a script that should display some images to participants via an html page at the start of the study. The script works fine and displays the images correctly in my lab version of Inquisit but when I attempt to run the script in Inquisit web the pictures no longer display. I'm hoping someone can advise about what the problem might be. Thank you!
Attachments
Wh-Bl GNAT.zip (178 views, 3.00 MB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
satchmo496 - 6/7/2021
Greetings!
I've created a script that should display some images to participants via an html page at the start of the study. The script works fine and displays the images correctly in my lab version of Inquisit but when I attempt to run the script in Inquisit web the pictures no longer display. I'm hoping someone can advise about what the problem might be. Thank you!

(1) Make sure you have uploaded the images to your experiment along with all other files.
(2) Make sure the <item> elements in your script, which are referenced in the HTML, give image file names in all lowercase characters. (File names are always all lowercase on the web for cross-platform compatibility reasons.)
(3) Consider using a web-friendlier image format (e.g. JPEG instead of bitmap).

satchmo496
satchmo496
Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)Expert (1.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 6/7/2021
satchmo496 - 6/7/2021
Greetings!

(1) Make sure you have uploaded the images to your experiment along with all other files.
(2) Make sure the <item> elements in your script, which are referenced in the HTML, give image file names in all lowercase characters. (File names are always all lowercase on the web for cross-platform compatibility reasons.)
(3) Consider using a web-friendlier image format (e.g. JPEG instead of bitmap).

Changing the file names to all lowercase letters solved the problem. Thank you!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search