Breathing Animation

Author
AnthonyFCollinsSussex
Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello!
Hope all is well.

I am in the midst of creating a second study, which seeks to induce resonance breathing - 6 heart bpm. My goal is to create a visually paced cue whereby participants accord their breathing rate in synchronization with this visual pacing . On this basis, I wanted to check whether the syntax allows for an object (e.g. a circle) to dilate (mirroring an inhalation motion) and then shrink again (exhale) in a complete motion. Also, I wanted to have this happen for an object that then also rotates circularly around the screen at a specific rate (e.g. moves around the first half of the circumference in 3 seconds whilst gradually dilating, then moving around the respective other half in 3 seconds whilst gradually shrinking, something like that at least).

I would hugely appreciate any kind of starting point with animation script that may lend even a little support to executing this kind of breathing pacer, I have been scouring forums/previous threads of course, but thought it wise to post in the event I am missing something that could be of assistance.

Thank you so much for your time

Anthony

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
AnthonyFCollinsSussex - 8/24/2021
Hello!
Hope all is well.

I am in the midst of creating a second study, which seeks to induce resonance breathing - 6 heart bpm. My goal is to create a visually paced cue whereby participants accord their breathing rate in synchronization with this visual pacing . On this basis, I wanted to check whether the syntax allows for an object (e.g. a circle) to dilate (mirroring an inhalation motion) and then shrink again (exhale) in a complete motion. Also, I wanted to have this happen for an object that then also rotates circularly around the screen at a specific rate (e.g. moves around the first half of the circumference in 3 seconds whilst gradually dilating, then moving around the respective other half in 3 seconds whilst gradually shrinking, something like that at least).

I would hugely appreciate any kind of starting point with animation script that may lend even a little support to executing this kind of breathing pacer, I have been scouring forums/previous threads of course, but thought it wise to post in the event I am missing something that could be of assistance.

Anthony

The starting point would be something along the following lines:

<shape mycircle>
/ color = blue
/ shape = circle
/ animation=circle(6000, -1, 50, 50%, 50%, 35%)
/ animation=size(6000, -1, 5%, 0.05px*display.canvaswidth, 1, 2, 1)
</shape>

<trial mytrial>
/ stimulusframes = [1=mycircle]
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

AnthonyFCollinsSussex
AnthonyFCollinsSussex
Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)Partner Member (665 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 8/24/2021
AnthonyFCollinsSussex - 8/24/2021
Hello!
Hope all is well.

Anthony

The starting point would be something along the following lines:

<shape mycircle>
/ color = blue
/ shape = circle
/ animation=circle(6000, -1, 50, 50%, 50%, 35%)
/ animation=size(6000, -1, 5%, 0.05px*display.canvaswidth, 1, 2, 1)
</shape>

<trial mytrial>
/ stimulusframes = [1=mycircle]
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

Thank you kindly
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic