Group ID

Author
lir1995
Partner Member (697 reputation)Partner Member (697 reputation)Partner Member (697 reputation)Partner Member (697 reputation)Partner Member (697 reputation)Partner Member (697 reputation)Partner Member (697 reputation)Partner Member (697 reputation)Partner Member (697 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, 

In my study, I want to have a certain script run based on the subjects group ID (as I need to document their unique subject ID): here is the code:

<include>
/ precondition = [script.groupid == 1]
/ file = "goal_rel_yoked_158698.iqx"
</include>

<include>
/ precondition = [script.groupid == 2]
/ file = "goal_rel_yoked_160654.iqx"
</include>

<include>
/ precondition = [script.groupid == 3]
/ file = "goal_rel_yoked_159193.iqx"
</include>

<include>
/ precondition = [script.groupid == 4]
/ file = "goal_rel_yoked_160585.iqx"
</include>

<include>
/ precondition = [script.groupid == 5]
/ file = "goal_rel_yoked_160633.iqx"
</include>

I am using inquisit web. What I did was in Participant IDs, I set the "how should the group Ids be determined" to "random no replace" with 5 groups. However, I just ran 4 subjects and I got two participants with group ID 3, and two with group ID 4, which I was surprised since I set it to no replace. 

I don't have anywhere in the scripts that calls a group number, I'm not sure if that is necessary.

Is there something I am doing wrong? How can I fix it so that I get one participant with each group ID 1-5? I don't care if it is sequential or random. 

Thank you very much!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
lir1995 - 9/10/2021
Hi, 

In my study, I want to have a certain script run based on the subjects group ID (as I need to document their unique subject ID): here is the code:

<include>
</include>

<include>
</include>

<include>
</include>

<include>
</include>

<include>
</include>

I am using inquisit web. What I did was in Participant IDs, I set the "how should the group Ids be determined" to "random no replace" with 5 groups. However, I just ran 4 subjects and I got two participants with group ID 3, and two with group ID 4, which I was surprised since I set it to no replace. 

I don't have anywhere in the scripts that calls a group number, I'm not sure if that is necessary.

Is there something I am doing wrong? How can I fix it so that I get one participant with each group ID 1-5? I don't care if it is sequential or random. 

Thank you very much!

> What I did was in Participant IDs, I set the "how should the group Ids be determined" to "random no replace" with 5 groups.

That sounds correct.

> I just ran 4 subjects and I got two participants with group ID 3, and two with group ID 4, which I was surprised since I set it to no replace.

A group iD is generated whenever someone visits or refreshes the start page, regardless of whether that person then ends up actually launching the experiment. That is why you are seeing gaps.

lir1995
lir1995
Partner Member (697 reputation)Partner Member (697 reputation)Partner Member (697 reputation)Partner Member (697 reputation)Partner Member (697 reputation)Partner Member (697 reputation)Partner Member (697 reputation)Partner Member (697 reputation)Partner Member (697 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 9/10/2021
lir1995 - 9/10/2021
Hi, 

<include>
</include>

<include>
</include>

<include>
</include>

<include>
</include>

<include>
</include>

Thank you very much!

> What I did was in Participant IDs, I set the "how should the group Ids be determined" to "random no replace" with 5 groups.

That sounds correct.

> I just ran 4 subjects and I got two participants with group ID 3, and two with group ID 4, which I was surprised since I set it to no replace.

A group iD is generated whenever someone visits or refreshes the start page, regardless of whether that person then ends up actually launching the experiment. That is why you are seeing gaps.

Makes sense, thanks!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search