picture on top of shape

Author
vcurto
Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Is there a way to make a picture appear on top of a shape (so that if a shape and a picture overlap, the picture will be on top)? I would like a picture to have a colored border, so I would like to make my picture show up on top of a rectangle.

I realize that maybe you could draw several rectangles around the picture to try to make a border that way, but because my picture is defined with specific pixel dimensions and I have to use percentages of the screen width/height to define the position of the shapes, I am having a hard time doing it precisely enough with that approach.

Can someone help me out?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

Hmm, you're probably just missing the fact that Inquisit's '/ stimulusframes' and '/ stimulustimes' attributes are sensitive to the ordering of elements. Suppose you have defined <picture bunny> and <shape border>. The following <trial> element will draw the shape on top of the picture

<trial shapeontop>
/ stimulusframes = [1=bunny, border]
[...]
</trial>

while defining

<trial picontop>
/ stimulusframes = [1=border, bunny]
[...]
</trial>

will draw the picture on top of the shape (which is what you want). Please see the attached files for further reference.

Best wishes from a fellow Inquisit user,

~Dave

Attachments
picture_border.zip (482 views, 19.00 KB)
vcurto
vcurto
Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)Respected Member (479 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

yup, that was exactly right.. thanks!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search