Error when downloading data file

Author
linatet
Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am unable to download the data from my survey (nsf_study3/final_survey). When I select the data files and click 'download selected items', then spreadsheet, a page opens with "error, if the problem persists contact site manager".
Thank you for the help
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
linatet - 10/13/2021
I am unable to download the data from my survey (nsf_study3/final_survey). When I select the data files and click 'download selected items', then spreadsheet, a page opens with "error, if the problem persists contact site manager".
Thank you for the help

When I look at your account, I see an Excel file of what appears to be the data referenced ready for download:

As a test I then requested the same files in all the other available formats (IQDAT, CSV, ZIP) as well, and these were all prepared fine without any errors:

Do you still get any error messages when you request downloads?
linatet
linatet
Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)Respected Member (424 reputation)
I do not know what the problem is then, I have tried in two different computers.
Yes I get the error. On my desktop computer the error is "this page isn't working. If the problem continues, please contact the site owner". On my mac, the error is it downloads a blank note file.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
linatet - 10/21/2021
I do not know what the problem is then, I have tried in two different computers.
Yes I get the error. On my desktop computer the error is "this page isn't working. If the problem continues, please contact the site owner". On my mac, the error is it downloads a blank note file.

Just tried again, two different computers, and using several different browsers on each. Downloaded all files currently listed in your downloads. They all downloaded fine and the files are intact (i.e. not empty or otherwise corrupted, they contain the actual data).
linatet
linatet
I am not sure if the one I am having trouble with is listed on my downloads. 
I am having trouble with the nsf_study3 / final_survey. It does not download as one data file. I was only able to download it by pieces but this is not ideal. Are you able to download the final_survey, as one data file? 
Dave
Dave
linatet - 10/21/2021
I am not sure if the one I am having trouble with is listed on my downloads. 
I am having trouble with the nsf_study3 / final_survey. It does not download as one data file. I was only able to download it by pieces but this is not ideal. Are you able to download the final_survey, as one data file? 

Yes.

I have private messaged you the Excel file, it contains 1271 rows (header + 1270 participants) as expected.

linatet
linatet
Thank you!
linatet
linatet
Hello,

I am actually facing the same problem when trying to download the other files from nsf_study3. Could you send me the datafiles by email, with all participants?
Dave
Dave
linatet - 11/2/2021
Hello,

I am actually facing the same problem when trying to download the other files from nsf_study3. Could you send me the datafiles by email, with all participants?

Which files specifically?
linatet
linatet
All of the nsf_study3 files, that is: summary, raw, final, mcprs, category explicit, inst, faces explicit
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search