Add survey within block

Author
takeshibx
New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, I am totally new to inquisit and I hope to get some help with my experiment setup. I am currently modifying a current study that I need to add a survey page between instructions. These instructions are scripted as /preinstructions = (instruction1, 2,3) in a block. I need to collect participants' initials during the instruction period, but I can't add the survey page in the /preinstructions.

Also, the collected initials will be displayed in the trials during the experiment, and I used function item.responseitems.insertitem in the surveypage. However, the inserted item need to be displayed with pictures, and I am not sure how to put the item in the middle of two pictures in a trial. Thank you. 
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
takeshibx - 10/13/2021
Hi, I am totally new to inquisit and I hope to get some help with my experiment setup. I am currently modifying a current study that I need to add a survey page between instructions. These instructions are scripted as /preinstructions = (instruction1, 2,3) in a block. I need to collect participants' initials during the instruction period, but I can't add the survey page in the /preinstructions.

Also, the collected initials will be displayed in the trials during the experiment, and I used function item.responseitems.insertitem in the surveypage. However, the inserted item need to be displayed with pictures, and I am not sure how to put the item in the middle of two pictures in a trial. Thank you. 

A <surveypage> is a kind of <trial>, so you can run it via a <block>'s /trials attribute, just like any other trial-type element (<trial>, <openended>, <likert>, etc.).

> However, the inserted item need to be displayed with pictures, and I am not sure how to put the item in the middle of two pictures in a trial.

Just set  up two <picture> elements, position them as needed, one <text> element displaying the initials, and have the trial display all those stimuli per its /stimulustimes or -frames.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search