Error message: "Unexpected exception: data parameter nil"

Author
jessicavicman
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi everyone, 
I am a psychology researcher and we were hoping to use the Stroop - Voice Recognition test (English) for a study we are currently running. I downloaded the code from the Millisecond library, however when I try to run it I get the following error message:

"Unexpected exception: data parameter nil"

I compared the "<data>" block code to that of the Stroop - Voice Recording task (which worked) and I couldn't identify any glaring issues.

Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, how can I fix it?

Thank you so much!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
jessicavicman - 10/21/2021
Hi everyone, 
I am a psychology researcher and we were hoping to use the Stroop - Voice Recognition test (English) for a study we are currently running. I downloaded the code from the Millisecond library, however when I try to run it I get the following error message:

"Unexpected exception: data parameter nil"

I compared the "<data>" block code to that of the Stroop - Voice Recording task (which worked) and I couldn't identify any glaring issues.

Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, how can I fix it?

Thank you so much!

We've not seen this one before and have not been able to reproduce this. It's unlikely it has anything to do with the script's <data> element, "data parameter" here refers to something else entirely. To help narrow things down, could you please provide the following:
- A copy of the system information, accessible via Tools -> System Information... in Inquisit Lab.
- A copy of the Inquisit log file, accessible via Tools -> View Log File...
- Screenshots of the OS settings under Settings=> Security & Privacy => Privacy => "Speech Recognition" as well as "Microphone" may also be helpful.

These items can contain information such as your macOS or Windows user name, IP address, etc., so you won't necessarily want to post these publicly. You can either send them to me here by private message or email them to support<at>millisecond.com referencing this thread, whichever you prefer.

It would also be good to know where / when the error occurs specifically, i.e. whether immediately upon running the script, or some time later, e.g. after the instructions, at the start of the first trial, or sometime during later trials.

Edited 3 Years Ago by Dave
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search