Inquisit batch files not running

Author
Georgia859
Associate Member (76 reputation)Associate Member (76 reputation)Associate Member (76 reputation)Associate Member (76 reputation)Associate Member (76 reputation)Associate Member (76 reputation)Associate Member (76 reputation)Associate Member (76 reputation)Associate Member (76 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have an experiment that should run multiple files using the <batch> element like so:

<batch>
/ subjects = (1 of 8)
/ groupassignment = groupnumber
/file = "part1.iqx"
/file = "part2.iqx"
/file = "part3.iqx"
</batch>

When I run this and use Ctrl + B to skip through it can find each file and runs fine. But when I actually run through the script fully, when it gets to the end of each script it just quits and doesn't begin the next script.

This issue happened using both Web and Lab versions of Inquisit. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Georgia859 - 10/27/2021
I have an experiment that should run multiple files using the <batch> element like so:

<batch>
/ subjects = (1 of 8)
/file = "part1.iqx"
/file = "part2.iqx"
/file = "part3.iqx"
</batch>

When I run this and use Ctrl + B to skip through it can find each file and runs fine. But when I actually run through the script fully, when it gets to the end of each script it just quits and doesn't begin the next script.

This issue happened using both Web and Lab versions of Inquisit. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This obviously isn't answerable without you providing the actual files. Please do so.
Georgia859
Georgia859
Associate Member (76 reputation)Associate Member (76 reputation)Associate Member (76 reputation)Associate Member (76 reputation)Associate Member (76 reputation)Associate Member (76 reputation)Associate Member (76 reputation)Associate Member (76 reputation)Associate Member (76 reputation)
Here are the files
Attachments
help.zip (151 views, 437.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Georgia859 - 10/27/2021
Here are the files

I've had the monkey run through the complete first batch condition in Inquisit Lab 6.5.1, i.e.

<batch>
/ subjects = (1 of 8)
/file = "nback.iqx"
/file = "met.iqx"
</batch>

and it worked perfectly fine. Can you be more specific about where / when things supposedly abort?

Georgia859
Georgia859
Yes it also works fine for me when I run the monkey through it - it's strangely only a problem when running it with participants in the lab, that when they reach the end of the first script instead of going onto the next it will exit the program completely. Since it was working when skipping through using Ctrl + B, I tried it so that they had to press Ctrl+ B on the very last slide to see if that helped and it worked for a couple of people and then stopped working again, would just exit instead of progressing onto the next script. 
Dave
Dave
Georgia859 - 11/1/2021
Yes it also works fine for me when I run the monkey through it - it's strangely only a problem when running it with participants in the lab, that when they reach the end of the first script instead of going onto the next it will exit the program completely. Since it was working when skipping through using Ctrl + B, I tried it so that they had to press Ctrl+ B on the very last slide to see if that helped and it worked for a couple of people and then stopped working again, would just exit instead of progressing onto the next script. 

If a batch exits at the end of a script, it usually means some kind of error occurred. Those should be logged, i.e. if you use Inquisit Lab, it will display them and they should also be in the log file accessible via Tools -> View Log File.... If you use Inquisit Web, the errors should be in the online log as well as the player app's local log file, accessible by clicking "Log" in the upper right corner of the Tests tab.

What are the specific errors, please?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search