Random order in chart

Author
Kuba S
Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hi all,

I need to design experiment that has one quite complicated part...

Imagine a chart which has 3 categories horizontaly, and 2 verticaly.

It gives 6 places where you could put some informations (Graph 1)

Graph 1 :)

X  | Y  |  Z

$| 1  | 2  |  3

&| A  | B |  C

----------------

In the chart there are text informations and they can be coded as a text stimuli as well as image - doesn't metter.

All information are definied (1,2,3 and A,B,C).

Conections between numbers and letters are definied as well.

If 1 then A

If 2 then B

If 3 then C

I need to have those 3 boxes (horizontaly - X,Y,Z) randomly asign to information for each participant.

In
other words I'm looking for way to design random order for location for
each number inside those 3 boxes, and way to define from start
connection between numbers and letters in those boxes.

How to do it?

I have script where I have a static information, but I'm not sure where to start coding with this random order.

Need to say one more thing.

Each information is hidden under a red box during the experiment.

Participants can use the mouse to see what's under those red boxes, however he can see only one information at once.

Kuba

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

I don't have time to map this out in any detail, but I would use <counter> elements chained together with the 'current' function to encode the possible combinations of screen positions. This thread contains some more hints on this approach: http://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic2148.aspx.

Good luck!

~Dave

BTW, the 'current' option in '/select' might also be useful in the number to letter mapping (1->A, 2->B)...

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search