Problems with question positioning on different computers

Author
lrramsey
Associate Member (236 reputation)Associate Member (236 reputation)Associate Member (236 reputation)Associate Member (236 reputation)Associate Member (236 reputation)Associate Member (236 reputation)Associate Member (236 reputation)Associate Member (236 reputation)Associate Member (236 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hello!

I have a few questionnaires as part of my Inquisit 2 script.  The problem is that these questions appear in different positions depending on which computer I run the script on.  In the lab, where I did the programming, the questions appear in a reasonable position on the screen (i.e., slightly above center), but when I run the script on my laptop, the questions appear cut off at the top of the screen.  Also, even when running the script on the lab computer, if I run it from the desktop it is fine, but when I upload it to the web and try to run it, the questions move upward, to the very top of the screen.  Here's an example from the script:

<text expster>
/ items = expster
/ select = sequence
/ fontstyle = ("Arial", 32pt)
/ txbgcolor = (150, 230, 180)
/ vposition = 30
/ area = (800, 600)
</text>

<item expster>
/ 1 = "It is possible that men have more math ability than women."
/ 2 = "In general, men may be better than women at math."
/ 3 = "I don't think that there are any real gender differences in math ability."
</item>

<block questionnaire>
/ preinstructions = (q_intro)
/ bgstim = (7scale, 7scalelabel)
/ trials = [1-11=noreplace(expster, genid, mathid)]
</block>

Does anyone have any idea how I can keep the questions from moving around? Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Laura

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search