Dragging Object or something of that nature

Author
othothothoth
Respected Member (326 reputation)Respected Member (326 reputation)Respected Member (326 reputation)Respected Member (326 reputation)Respected Member (326 reputation)Respected Member (326 reputation)Respected Member (326 reputation)Respected Member (326 reputation)Respected Member (326 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hi Everybody,

My lab and I want participants to be able to drag an object to a particular box and I am wondering how I could do that with Inquisit. I have some background on Inquisit but never encounter this type of scenario before and it seems that a survey website is able to do it : http://yalepsych.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_7ao6xhDEfzO7FQw&SVID=Prod. So we want to ask around if Inquisit could also do it in another way.

Although this exact type might not be feasible, I'm still wondering if you could create this type of illusion with Inquisit.

I would appreciate your suggestions on how to create this method via Inquisit.

Thanks,

Tags
Admin
Admin
Guru (6.6K reputation)Guru (6.6K reputation)Guru (6.6K reputation)Guru (6.6K reputation)Guru (6.6K reputation)Guru (6.6K reputation)Guru (6.6K reputation)Guru (6.6K reputation)Guru (6.6K reputation)
Group: Administrators

Hi Oth,

Unfortunately, Inquisit doesn’t currently support dragging objects like in the web site you linked. This is something we have on our list for a future release, specifically to allow rank ordering type questions.

The only other options for doing this would be to build a web page or flash animation that allows drag/drop, and then host it in the experiment. Note that Inquisit wouldn't know what's happening within the web page or animation, so any data you'd need about those events would have to be recorded by the web page or animation.

-Sean

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search