Writing IAT script using only pictures

Author
chmo
Partner Member (807 reputation)Partner Member (807 reputation)Partner Member (807 reputation)Partner Member (807 reputation)Partner Member (807 reputation)Partner Member (807 reputation)Partner Member (807 reputation)Partner Member (807 reputation)Partner Member (807 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

I'm trying to design a version of the IAT only using images and audio because the individuals that will be surveyed are largely illiterate and unfamiliar with computers. What is the best way to rework available IAT scripts so only pictures and audio are used. I believe this is possible but am clueless on how to move forward.

THANK YOU!!!

Tags
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

I suggest you proceed as follows:

(1) Do the 'Standard Picture IAT Tutorial' contained in the Inquisit helpfile.

(2) Do the 'Standard Picture IAT Tutorial' again, but this time change the appropriate <text> elements to <sound> elements.

(3) Apply what you've learned to any of the IAT templates available from millisecond.com

Best wishes from a fellow Inquisit user,

~Dave

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search