I'm currently running an experiment that consists of a sequence of scripts in a batch file. Sometimes (but not every time) the batch crashes and the participant receives a Microsoft error message (where they ask you whether you want to send the error report).
It always happens at the same point: between "casus.exp" and "pldt1.exp", but as I mentioned not every time I run the experiment (so far 3 out of 15 times). I programmed & I'm running the experiment in Inquisit 126.96.36.199.
I've attached the whole experiment in a zipfile to this message, the batch is called 'Columbus'.
Thanks in advance for your help!
I'm running your script now to see if I can replicate and fix the crash. In the meantime, I'd recommend using Inquisit 188.8.131.52, as it has some bug fixes that might be related to this issue. If you do upgrade, please let me know if it appears to fix the issue.
FYI, Sean, I've been able to replicate the crash. Here's the offset info as reported by Windows:
AppName: inquisit.exe AppVer: 184.108.40.206 ModName: inquisit.exeModVer: 220.127.116.11 Offset: 001287ef
Haven't seen it crash under 18.104.22.168 yet, however occasionally the listed scripts appear to be run twice in a row under 22.214.171.124.
When I tried a different version it didn't crash but started running in a loop, as Dave metioned (each experiment was repeated 3 times!). So to solve my problem I just made separate batches in stead of one, for assigning participants to the different conditions. This worked perfect. Apparently, the problem arose from using the 'subjects' attribute in the batch.
Thanks anyway for your quick responses!